Scott Brownrigg + Crown is seeking an architectural designer to join its studio in New York, USA.
Scott Brownrigg + Crown are the US arm of global design leader Scott Brownrigg, a global top 100 practice, ranked within the UK top 10.
With our head office in London, we have studios internationally in New York, Singapore and Amsterdam.
We are looking for an architectural designer with at least five years’ architecture experience within residential and commercial to join our expanding New York team.
Our people are the foundation of our culture: tightly knit and incredibly welcoming. We nurture our staff and encourage their creative and entrepreneurial spirit. We set high standards for ourselves and our teams work collaboratively to achieve the best, and have the determination and drive to do things better. We like to push ourselves, creatively, in business and as a team.
We listen and explore every angle with our clients so that we make the creative journey an enjoyable one for all.
- manage your own time to deliver your project work in a highly organised way with an efficient attention to detail
- translate concept into detail design, to enable the delivery of construction
- work as a team player with a flexible and open approach to problem solving
What you will do:
- demonstrate your technical expertise for project demands with consistency and accuracy
- ensure you deliver great design and deliver excellent and consistent service to your clients
- coordinate projects with the Scott Brownrigg + Crown team and external consultants and assist with managing resources and people effectively
- understand the role and the extent of detail required in different contractual situations and demonstrate your experience of various forms of building contract (D&B, CM, Traditional)
- be an innovator who copes easily with change in brief, programme or role
- work effectively, efficiently and flexibly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- have a strong understanding of the building regulations for your role
- use your ‘can do’ attitude to problem solve to motivate and support the team you work in
- act as an ambassador for the company
- Revit is essential along with a high level of CAD skill
- excellent communication skills
- highly computer literate, skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications
- skilled presenter both verbally and visually using software and hand drawing skills
Your qualifications and experience:
- AIA (NCARB) registration or equivalent with experience of working within the US building regulations
- five plus years’ professional experience of working within residential and/or commercial sectors
- experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team
- working knowledge of US building systems, regulations and construction types
- working knowledge of town planning procedures
Click here for further information on Scott Brownrigg + Crown.
To view a full job description and to apply, please click here.
Please submit your CV and portfolio with details of salary expectations using the ‘apply’ link below, quoting reference NY 19 003.
Closing date: Friday 22 March 2019
Scott Brownrigg is an equal opportunities employer.
Candidates must have unrestricted authorisation to work in the United States.