Scout is seeking an architect/designer to join its team in Rhode Island, USA.
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Duration: 1 August 2022 to 1 December 2022 (four months)
Years of experience: three years’ minimum work experience
Scout is seeking a full time architect/designer starting in early August 2022 to work as part of the design team. The role will focus on overseeing the design vision for the reuse of the Cranston Street Armory and managing various collaborators, creatives, and architects through the development process.
This role will also manage a historic researcher focused on recording the existing building and its material.
This position requires an enthusiastic, detail oriented candidate who is interested in working with existing structures. The ideal candidate has a degree in architecture and an interest in innovative historic preservation.
Successful candidates will have a relevant background, applicable skills and enthusiasm for Scout’s work. We’re looking for engaged thinkers with diverse skill sets, who will bring creativity, experience and enthusiasm to our small and dedicated team.
- to develop renderings, collages and materials to communicate design vision
- to lead design projects in the production and amendment of drawings (including test-fits, site measurements and scenario testing)
- to oversee design workshops and charrettes with creatives, community members and collaborators for what is possible within the physical space
- general administrative tasks as needed
- applicant should have strong skills in visual communication and design
- experienced in Adobe CreativeSuite and CAD software (preferably Vectorworks) with exceptional graphic presentation, hand drawing and design skills
- working knowledge of 3D drawing software ie SketchUp or Rhino
- precise approach to work and an eye for detail
- a highly professional demeanor with strong attention to detail
- a self motivated and proactive individual
- degree in architecture (preference will be given to those with a minimum of a master’s degree and three years’ of professional experience)
Salary range of $65,000 to $80,000 per annum to be pro-rata over the four month period of engagement. This role is a contract position.
To apply, submit your resume and portfolio of work quoting ‘architect/designer’ via the apply for job button below by Wednesday 27 July 2022.