SD Engineers is seeking a practice manager and EA to join its dynamic team in its Central London location.
This position is available from January 2024. To apply, please upload your CV along with a cover letter and tell us how your skills and experience match our needs.
About SD Engineers
We are a practice of imaginative engineers collaborating with some of the country’s most ambitious architects and clients, emerging and established, to deliver the highest quality buildings and infrastructure projects. As creative problem solvers, we help clients realise their designs by truly understanding the narrative and intent behind each project. Our experience as structural and civil engineers allows us to work at all scales and across all typologies, acting as a reliable partner throughout the design and build process. We are committed to delivering low carbon designs and will actively suggest ways to reduce impact on the environment and undertake carbon counting exercises to justify our approach.
About the role
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, embraces responsibility and possesses strong organisational skills.
As practice manager and EA to our two directors you will work alongside the directors and senior team to support the technical staff to work efficiently and collaboratively. Based in our central London office, you will act as a primary point of contact and ‘face of the practice’ for external clients.
The role presents an opportunity to join the SD senior team to help the practice grow and flourish over the coming years with input into our practice strategy and business development, alongside the development of your own career. As the practice grows, there is scope for the role to evolve and specialise over time in response to your own skillset and ambitions.
In order to provide the necessary in-person support to the team, we expect this role to be majority of office based but do support flexible working arrangements and would consider part-time applications (minimum 32 hours per week).
The ideal candidate will be:
- highly organised
- a proficient user of word, excel, powerpoint
- good with numbers – a basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounts would be preferable
- an excellent written and spoken communicator
- experienced with client facing roles and have excellent customer service skills
- able to demonstrate at least two years of relevant experience or demonstrate how your skills and experience apply to this role
SD Team benefits:
- excellent career development opportunities
- flexible working arrangements split between the office and home with up to two days per week based from home for full time staff, with flexible start and finish times
- regular social activities including annual summer day and Christmas lunch
- generous profit share bonus scheme, up to 15 per cent annually
- pension contribution of up to six per cent
- 25 days annual leave, with additional leave allocated as part of our long service benefit
- salary sacrifice scheme for cycle to work and computer equipment
- childcare vouchers
- enhanced paternity and maternity pay
- access to employee welfare scheme
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000, full time, depending on experience
Tasks and responsibilities
EA to directors:
- manage diary and inbox for the two founding directors
- prepare professional documents including letter, fee proposals, spreadsheets etc to a high standard
- analyse key business data and prepare reports
- support directors with various tasks to assist in their daily workload and assisting them to achieve the key strategic objectives of SD
- initial point of contact for clients, handling client calls and new business requests
- assist in the monitoring of the main mailbox and action various requests accordingly
- manage the office manual and risk assessment documents and procedures
- purchase computer equipment and sundry items as required, identifying best value and sustainable suppliers
- liaise with the communications manager and organise client and business development events and meetings
- coordinate attendance at industry events, book tickets if required
- arrange travel for staff when required
- develop requirements for any new office and facilitate the moving process when required
- ensure office compliance and risk assessment documents are kept up to date
- liaise with our external IT consultants on IT matters
- review and approve staff holiday and sick leave
- administer desk booking sheet
- assist with staff recruitment
- undertake and oversee the onboarding process for new staff members
- organise staff appraisals and reviews
- assist with staff performance management
- liaise with our external accountant on staff payroll and pension
- arrange payments
- administer personal expenses claims
- reconcile accounts using Xero and upload receipts for record keeping
- administer and pay office related invoices from suppliers and consultants
We are conscientious people and place great emphasis on social value. We are signatories of the UK Structural Engineers Declare and members of the NLA Diverse Leaders Pledge and Heart of the City. Our aim is to provide a diverse, healthy, motivated, inclusive and enjoyable workplace. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
Please apply via the apply for job button below.