Los Angeles, USA
at Sean O'Connor Lighting
Sean O’Connor Lighting is hiring a lighting designer to join its team in Los Angeles, USA.
We are seeking entry level and intermediate lighting designers with interest or experience in the architectural lighting industry.
The position of lighting designer requires a bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or design ideally with a lighting focus. In this position, you would be responsible for working on world class projects in workplace, retail, and civic with a major focus on hospitality and luxury residential projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- conceptualizing light in 3D space and integrating lighting design with architecture
- working directly with project manager to manage overall project scheduling
- creating lighting plans, elevations, installation details, light level calculations, energy calculations, and light fixture schedules under the direction of a senior designer
- collaborate and initiate ideas with the project team in the design process (developing ideas, bringing ideas to the table) and in the production of interior architectural lighting design and construction documents on all project types
- assisting in generating information to the field such as RFIs
- assist and collaborate with the project team in producing presentation materials and in presenting designs to clients and other consultants
- maintaining project binders, project logs and records
- interacting with various consultants on projects
- attending project meetings and site visits with senior team members
- up to three years’ of lighting industry experience
- proficiency in AutoCAD
- proficiency in Revit
- 3D Modeling or rendering experience
- fluency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and English proficiency
- efficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- AGI or other lighting calculation software
- expertise with Title 24 and JA8 compliance
- project management
Due to the volume of receipts, only qualified applicants will be contacted. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.