Sedilia is looking for an office administrator to join its London practice.
We are a specialist creative workshop making one off pieces of upholstered furniture to commission.
Our work is varied, often challenging, but hugely rewarding.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised person to take on the role of office administrator.
This will be a part-time role of 24 hours per week over three-five days. One day must be a Monday, but the work pattern for the rest of the week is negotiable.
The role will involve:
- working closely with our two directors
- controlling and maintaining internal monitoring and record systems
- invoicing and basic accounting duties
- timesheet management
- organising logistics and liaising with transport and shipping companies
- maintaining and updating work/project archives
- dealing effectively with day to day issues as and when they come up
- keeping office and meeting areas organized and tidy
The ideal candidate will have:
- competence in Macs and MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- experience with Sage Essentials and Harvest Timesheet Software would be an advantage, but not essential. Training can be given (bookkeeping and staff payroll currently outsourced)
- good written and spoken English with a pleasant telephone manner
- a flexible, positive approach with ability to work independently and manage own time and priorities
- enthusiasm and willingness to work within a small and busy team
- an interest in craft and enjoy working in a creative environment
General employment terms:
- the role is based at our workshop in Clapham Park Road, London
- hourly rate is between £11-£14p/hour depending on experience
- salary is paid monthly