Sedilia is recruiting an office manager to join its London-based studio.
Sedilia has been creating exacting upholstered furniture since 1998. We are the quiet force behind some of the interior sector’s most acclaimed designs, and also designers/makers of our own expanding Sedilia Collection.
Collaborating with interior designers and architects on a variety of luxury residential projects – from beautiful homes to super-yachts, our work is varied, often challenging and hugely rewarding.
You will join a small, creative office team and will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact.
The position is based at our expansive light-filled premises a stone’s throw from Clapham Common in south London and is available with an immediate start.
The role will involve:
- working closely with the company director to provide support and ensure the smooth running of our office administrative records and procedures
- maintaining office supplies and overseeing the general day to day operations of the office
- managing HR and H&S administration
- maintaining staff holiday and absence records
- cover front of house for client meetings
- invoicing and basic accounting duties
- keeping the office and meeting areas organised and tidy
The ideal candidate will:
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong command of the English language
- be proficient in Mac and Microsoft Suite. A basic knowledge of Sage would be an advantage but not essential
- a flexible, positive approach with the ability to work independently and to manage own time and priorities
- have enthusiasm and willingness to work within a small and busy team
- enjoy working in a creative environment
- have solid multitasking and organisational skills, which are essential
General employment terms:
- this will be a part-time role, of 24 hours per week over four days. One day must be a Monday, but the work pattern for the rest of the week is negotiable and there is scope for some of the time to be worked from home
- as an accredited member of United in Design, Sedilia seeks to promote diversity in its sector and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds
- salary will be dependent on experience and skill level. The position is available with immediate start and applications will be reviewed as they are received
- applicants must have a right to work in the UK.