Selina Hostels is recruiting an architect to join its team in New York, USA.
Our ecosystem consists of hospitality, food and beverage, tours, wellness, education, construction, real estate, co-working, art and design, community outreach, education, surf, sales, marketing and technology. With 100+ locations opening around the globe, we have multiple job opportunities at any given time.
Looking for an amazing life experience?
A unique opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing lifestyle hospitality brands.
The surging hospitality brand shaping millennial travel.
Built with the digital nomad in mind, Selina is disrupting the hospitality industry with a design, tech and socially-centric approach to boutique hotel and co-working developments that enable travellers to seamlessly live and work abroad.
Most of your responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- property visits as required
- create as-built drawings of existing property
- developing block diagrams and initial floor plans for program meetings utilizing department staff & resources
- develop schematic design options based on existing conditions.
- develop final schematic designs for final approval
- develop schematic design for landscaping and green areas
- understanding of building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs
- work with construction documents
- create a set of design documents based on concepts and program
- prepare 3D modelling and elevations as required
- create design presentations
- prepare lighting, outlet and furniture layout
- coordinate with F&B, operations, interior design, and construction to determine property requirements and create initial floor plans
- to be the link between the project team members (interior design, art, PM, IT project coordinator)
- involvement in the schedule and budget of the project assigned by the leader architect
Please submit your CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.