Seymourpowell is searching for a design strategist to join its practice in London.
What we do:
Seymourpowell are a global design and innovation agency with a 35-year history of delivering world-first innovations. We help our clients grow their business by delivering transformative brand experiences that people love. We are lucky to work with many of the world’s best-loved brands and innovative start-ups. From space ships to sex toys we cover pretty much every category you can dream of.
Our foresight team is a small and specialist unit within Seymourpowell comprised of world-class design and innovation strategists. With expertise and methodologies spanning trend forecasting, user insight, experience mapping, scenario building, CMF specification and brand strategy we create the conditions for design and innovation to thrive.
What we believe
We believe that great design makes things better for people, business and the world.
What we are looking for
We’re on the hunt for exceptional design strategist to join our foresight team with two plus years of industry experience.
Identifying and developing talent is a passion of ours. We’re keen to bring new views and opinions into our business and to develop fresh insight products to offer our clients. That means seeking out new talent that pushes us beyond our comfort zone, and that’s where you come in.
As a design strategist you would work with more senior team members to:
- comfortable in planning and implementing numerous creative research methodologies from user ethnography to expert interviews. You should be confident choosing the right methodology as well as planning, conducting and capturing primary research and ideally, you’ll have camera experience so you can craft your story beautifully
- finding effective ways to approach each project, identifying new perspectives on the challenge that will give our clients something fresh
- analyse all research findings and identify useful insights that can provide directional inspiration to our design teams, lifting the quality of our new ideas and designs
- incorporate insights into compelling presentations for our design teams and clients
- take an active role in developing Seymourpowell’s internal trend bank. Identifying new trends and capturing them in an easy to digest format
- help to build Seymourpowell’s reputation by generating compelling commentary and content for our social media channels
You are a Seymourpowell design strategist if…
You work with passion
Seymourpowell’s team is built from a broad range of skills and personalities. What unites our diversity our passion for mastering our craft and delivering excellence.
You have a love for design
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of design. You should have a degree that is relevant to a design and innovation company (for example in product, transport, packaging, engineering, or digital) and have two-three years’ experience with design research.
You are culturally keyed in
You are curious and have a good understanding of trends and are able to quickly get to grips with the concepts and language of new subject areas. You enjoy exploring how trends will affect the world and know how to use them to inspire the design and innovation process.
You are an instigator
You start things and work proactively taking the initiative in a resourceful way. When you don’t know the answer, you work hard to figure it out.
You are original
You bring new perspectives to challenges and are able to inspire your teammates with fresh perspectives. You like to push beyond the current debate and imagine what will come next.
You are persuasively compelling
You’re a natural storyteller. You have an eye for beauty and a way with words. You are comfortable presenting as part of a team and like to explore new mediums.
You know your tools
You are familiar with a broad range of research and analytical tools and you know how to apply them. You are comfortable leading day-to-day project planning, conducting fieldwork, expert interviews etc.
You are meticulously concise
You sweat the small stuff, you are considered and opinionated. You know how to gather, analysis and prioritise information.
You take a critical approach
Whilst an optimist at heart, you use critical thinking skills to stress-test your work against your client’s business priorities.
You are solution focussed
You have strong analytical skills. You like problem-solving and are able to bring well-informed insights to our client’s business challenges.
You can make a mean cup of tea
Collaboration makes you tick, and you believe in the adage that two heads are better than one. You love learning from and with your teammates.
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.