Seymourpowell is seeking a design strategist to join its team in London.
The role: design strategist
What we do
Seymourpowell help companies plan and create integrated product and brand experiences that people love. Our Foresight team is a small and specialist unit within Seymourpowell, comprised of world class forecasters, strategists, and researchers who create the conditions for design and innovation to thrive.
We are lucky to work with many of the world’s best loved brands and innovative start-ups. From space ships to sex toys we cover pretty much every category you can dream of.
What we believe
We believe that design can and should make things better for people, business and the world.
What we are looking for
We’re on the hunt for exceptional design strategist to join our Foresight team.
Identifying and developing talent is a passion of ours. We’re keen to bring new views and opinions into our business and to develop new insight products to offer our clients. That means seeking out new talent that pushes us beyond our comfort zone, and that’s where you come in.
You are a Seymourpowell design strategist if…
You work with passion
Seymourpowell’s team is built from a broad range of skills and personalities. What unites our diversity is our passion for mastering our craft and delivering excellence.
You have a love for design
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of design. You should have a degree that is relevant to a design and innovation company (for example in product, transport, packaging, engineering, or digital)
You are culturally keyed in
You are curious and have a good understanding of trends and are able to quickly get to grips with the concepts and language of new subject areas. You enjoy exploring how trends will affect the world and know how to use them to inspire the design and innovation process.
You are an instigator
You start things and work proactively taking the initiative in a resourceful way. When you don’t know the answer you work hard to figure it out.
You are original
You bring new perspectives to challenges and are able to inspire your team mates with fresh perspectives. You like to push beyond the current debate and imagine what will come next.
You are persuasively concise
You’re a natural story teller. You have an eye for beauty and a way with words. You are comfortable presenting as part of a team and like to explore new mediums.
You know your tools
You are familiar with a broad range of research and analytical tools and you know how and when to apply them. You are comfortable leading day-to-day project planning, suggesting methodologies, conducting and capturing fieldwork, expert interviews etc.
You are meticulously concise
You sweat the small stuff, you are considered and opinionated. You know how to gather, analyse and prioritise information.
You take a critical approach
Whilst an optimist at heart, you use critical thinking skills to stress-test your work against your client’s business priorities.
You are solution focussed
You have strong analytical skills. You like problem solving and are able to bring well-informed and fresh approaches to our client’s business challenges.
You can make a mean cup of tea
Collaboration makes you tick and you believe in the adage that two heads are better than one. You love learning from and with your team mates.
As a design strategist you would work with more senior team members to:
- plan and implement numerous research methodologies to gather user and expert insights
- finding effective ways to approach each project, identifying new perspectives on the challenge that will give our clients something fresh
- analyse all research findings and identify useful insights that can provide directional inspiration to our design teams, lifting the quality of our new ideas and designs
- incorporate insights into compelling presentations for our design teams and clients
- take an active role in developing Seymourpowell’s internal trend bank. Actively keep up with emerging trends and contemporary culture. Identifying new trends and capturing them in an easy to digest format
- help to build Seymourpowell’s reputation by generating compelling commentary and content for our social media channels
- understand how to apply insights to underpin convincing and creative brand or product propositions
- able to evaluate creative work and build a reasoned case to support it’s development and direction
- contribute content to proposals and new business efforts in support of the senior members of the business
If this sounds exciting get in touch with your CV, cover letter and portfolio. We would love to hear from you!