Shadow Architects is hiring a junior designer to join its team in New York.
Shadow Architects is a New York City based architecture and design firm working on retail, office, restaurant and private residential work. We are looking for a junior designer to work on multiple projects, share responsibility for general operations of the office and become an integral part of our growing firm.
Candidates should be passionate about architecture and interiors, dedicated, personable and confident dealing directly with co-workers and clients. Responsibilities will include design, some project management, city filings and hands-on construction administration.
Our Flatiron based studio has a tight-knit team of designers, a casual but focused work environment and offers a competitive salary/benefits package.
- must have min. two to four years’ experience working for a NYC based architecture or interior design firm. This is not an entry level position
- BArch, MArch or interior design degree is required
- excellent design, organization and communications skills required
- attention to detail and a desire to learn is a must
- the office is Mac-based and knowledge of Vectorworks is a plus
- must have desire to be involved and participate in all aspects of a project, from concept through construction, as well as the day-to-day operations of a small design firm
- must be an U.S. resident or F-1 visa holder
If you meet these qualifications, please submit your resumé, cover letter and work samples with the subject ‘Junior designer’ via the apply for job button below.