Shalini Misra is hiring a mid-weight interior designer to join its team in London.
Shalini Misra is a multi-award-winning interior design studio based in London, specialising in luxury interiors for residential developments. Our team enjoy collaborating on product designs having worked on projects across the globe ranging from villas in Dubai to apartments in New York, and developments in London. Our technical and creative range also incorporates commercial design for high-end offices, boutique hotels, restaurants and exhibition spaces.
With a strong focus on wellbeing in both our work and throughout our company – we ensure that every employee understands and reflects the general studio ethos of wellness. The London studio operates currently with around 30 individuals who collectively come together to create a fun, energetic and dynamic team.
Through recent growth, we are looking for a mid-weight interior designer who will lead a mixture of high-end residential projects and potentially commercial projects from design concept to completion.
All-rounder interior designer position covering the full design process:
- liaise with clients from taking a project brief to understand project objectives, to discussing design concepts and specifications and participating in site visits
- design and develop presentations
- project management of residential projects
- liaise with suppliers, subcontractors and building team
- FF&E sourcing, specification, procurement and installation
- produce technical drawings and packages in AutoCAD
- maintain and grow relationships with existing and new suppliers
- visit and oversee works on-site
- at least three years’ of experience in high-end residential work in the UK
- experience in SketchUp, CAD, InDesign and MS Office
- educated to a degree level
- excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- enthusiasm and confidence in leading projects are key requirements together with attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects with high degrees of accuracy
- strong FF&E experience and knowledge are essential
- working to tight deadlines, managing your own time, meeting deadlines and working under pressure are prerequisites for this position
- there is no opportunity to work fully remotely for this position
- bonus scheme
- company pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
If you are interested in this position at SML please submit a CV, cover letter and portfolio via the apply for job button below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom