SIGNAL is seeking a workplace designer to join its team in London.
We look for the game-changers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge of creative design to develop environments that enrich peoples’ lives across the globe. If this sounds like you, then you may be our new workplace designer
‘We unlock our costumers’ potential for performance by using space as a tool to increase the way people communicate, innovate and collaborate!’
SIGNAL is part of ISS and a global excellence centre in the field of strategic workplace management and design. We are a consultancy working with design of spaces as a strategic tool to better performance by linking corporate, people and facility performance. We help clients activate their organisational potentials by using space to improve the way employees communicate, innovate, and collaborate based on data collection and evidence through 20 years. We link people and culture with the future strategies of organisations and focus on how space design in an optimal way can advance relations between people so that well-being and quality are increased and create new value!
Together with ISS, we curate experiences by linking customers’ demands to future workplace design and service experience – connecting space to people and productivity. We are currently in the process of an exciting growth journey together with ISS, utilising SIGNAL’s workplace expertise as a trusted advisor towards clients. In addition to the office in London, we also have offices in Oslo and Copenhagen, where ISS also has a strong presence and is working with global strategic customers.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- develop workplace design based on pre-determined KPIs and/or workplace strategies
- develop, design and communicate spatial/experience narratives incl. storytelling and vivid graphic content
- create conceptual and detailed workplace design (look and feel)
- client interaction, participate in meetings and presentations
- developing programming, strategic planning, conceptual designs, design development details, tender documents and production methods
- develop and monitor projects budgets
- participation in business development efforts
- design sparring and consulting with head of design
We are looking for a profile with the following qualifications and attributes:
Use your proven design knowledge together with sharp analytical skills to create inspiring workplaces for the future. You must know how to draw and craft interior spaces with a keen eye for details and finishes. Effective communication and slick presentation skills are required. Efficient project management and team leading experience is a plus.
- bachelor/master’s degree from an accredited school of design
- architect, interior designer, creative strategist or similar professional background
- two-five years of project experience and fluent in English
- strong graphic design and visual communication skills
- project management experience is a plus (control of timelines, hours, budgets, and fees)
- ability to keep calm and focused on all tasks in challenging situations (e.g. ad hoc tasks and short deadlines)
- great at researching workplace trends
- the ability to convert complex strategies and into intelligent design solutions
- extensive experience using PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- CAD drawing ability – Revit (preferred), MicroStation, AutoCAD etc
- 3D visualisation skills are a plus
- team player but ability to work independently on tasks
Interesting perspectives, fantastic colleagues and much room for personal development are just some of our advantages we offer. You will also be a part of a large global organization, where the customers and the projects are both interesting and challenging. You will join us on our amazing growth business journey, collaborating across countries and you will be able to make a noticeable difference.
SIGNAL is on a journey of expanding and scaling our business. We are therefore looking for the right people to support this journey, including those with additional competencies to expand our team. We do not have a fixed date for when we will be welcoming our new colleague, but we are very eager to talk to capable and interested candidates who can potentially support our journey. If this interests you, please submit your application, CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below. You are also welcome to reach out if you have any questions.