Simon Miller Architects is looking for an experienced architect or architectural technician to join its team in London.
A well-established and respected boutique practice in northwest London is looking for an ambitious and experienced architect/architectural technician with strong technical abilities to run projects as a key member of their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with demonstrable experience on well-crafted contemporary residential and commercial projects, both new-build and refurbishments, to join a close-knit practice with the opportunity to continue their career development.
- day to day lead under the director on a range of high-quality residential and commercial projects
- liaise directly with private and developer clients, authorities, contractors and consultants
- produce and oversee planning and construction drawing packages and specifications
- supervise works on site, contract administration and budget-monitoring
Skills and experience:
- fully qualified Part 3 with minimum five years’ experience
- excellent technical capabilities with sound knowledge of UK building regulations and standards
- a keen design eye and a passion for beautifully designed and detailed buildings
- client-facing and coordination experience
- a confident and ambitious character with excellent written and verbal communication skills who excels when working within a team
- a good problem-solver
- efficient and highly organised, with good managerial skills and attention to detail
- experience of achieving high-quality design within a specific client budget
- ability to run multiple projects simultaneously, working at pace while remaining methodical and organised
- experience of, or a willingness to learn, Vectorworks
Working with us gives you:
- a competitive salary within a design-led, equal opportunities practice
- training and development opportunities, with high potential for career development
- an office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural
Please send cover letter and CV with work samples and salary expectation using the ‘apply’ link below.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK and have fluent written and spoken English.