Simpson Studio is looking for an architect to join its studio in London.
Simpson Studio is an award-winning design house offering architecture, interior design and bespoke furniture manufacture, located in central London. Established in 2013 the studio has a broad portfolio of projects, working on high-end residential and commercial architecture and interiors, as well as vehicle, product and furniture design.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced architect to help with the growing workload in our busy London studio.
We are looking for someone who:
- has an eye and a love for detail and materials
- is experienced in liaising with clients and consultants
- is organised, pro-active and self-motivated
- has at least three years of project experience through all RIBA work stages
- has UK building contract experience
- has a good knowledge of construction detailing and regulations
- has excellent spoken and written English
- is confident in freehand drawing
- is excited by making, and working with materials
- has the confidence to share and explore ideas
Software skills required:
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Word and Excel
Our ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate a creative drive, have experience in detail drawing packages, knowledge of UK building regulations, and an ability to maintain design intent and quality through realising details in construction and on-site. Further to this, we are looking for someone who has a passion for making, enjoys product and furniture design, and has the skills and drive to develop the knowledge to deliver new and diverse commissions, across the whole spectrum of architecture and design.
An exciting opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic young practice; working on prestigious projects from concept through to completion where collaboration and integration set the platform for the studio. Being an integral part of the team, the position offers great responsibility, design control, experience on-site, project-running, and great career progression.
Salary: negotiable/in line with RIBA salary guide.