Skelly & Couch has an opportunity for a communications and marketing manager to join its team in London.
Skelly & Couch is looking for a new full-time communications and marketing manager role to support the operational and strategic objectives of our growing business and more specifically to develop our brand and industry profile to better reflect our established, but relatively niche market leading approach to engineering and sustainability.
Duties and responsibilities:
The communications and marketing manager will work closely with two of the company directors and the wider team and stakeholders. The role will be responsible for driving and supporting Skelly & Couch’s internal and external communications, marketing initiatives and brand.
The role will commence as an individual, largely autonomous role, that is both strategic and operational, covering all aspects of marketing and communications, often requiring daily, weekly and monthly outputs. The long-term ambition is for the role to develop into a managerial role with the future formation of a communications team when needed to support further practice growth.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the practice’s own communications channels, both digital and print, by formulating high quality long term strategic communications plans, promoting coordinating and distributing company news, copy and images and also assisting in generating content for new project bids. They will provide overall editorial control for communications ensuring appropriate content, tone, brevity and consistency.
The role will be based in the practice’s London office, but will also oversee and manage the communication strategy regionally and nationally with a view to adding a global strategy as we increase our portfolio of work overseas.
The successful applicant will develop a broad knowledge of the projects and activities within the practice and our brand and create engaging content for a range of media. Accordingly, the successful applicant should evidence exemplary communication skills, have an interest in architecture, engineering and sustainability.
Detailed job description can be reviewed during the interview process.
- excellent interpersonal skills and experience of communicating and collaborating with and managing stakeholders at all levels with diverse backgrounds and personalities (internally and externally)
- a thorough understanding of a wide range of corporate communication methods, such as public relations, web communications, staff engagement, social/digital media platforms and so forth, and when to use them
- strong content generation skills
- strong understanding of marketing and lead generation techniques
- strong and methodical administrative and organisation skills and ability to lead projects from start to finish
- proficient use of Adobe InDesign and working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite packages such as illustrator and photoshop
- good knowledge of social media and scheduling platforms in a professional setting
- ability to deliver effective and timely work within agreed timeframes
- ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- proactive and self-motivated and have a thirst to take the initiative and learn new things and expand their knowledge and contribution
- an interest in what we do – architecture, creating a better, more sustainable built environment
Qualifications and/or experience
- a degree level qualification
- a minimum of three A-levels at grade C or above
- a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role working in a professional environment helping to support and maintain a brand
- architectural, building/design or arts industry experience
- website editing experience
- photography experience
- graphic design experience
- qualifications in marketing or communications
- some fluency in a different language, French, Spanish or German
What we offer
In addition to the salary stated above, we offer the following:
- five weeks paid holiday in addition to bank holidays
- a company self-investment personal pension scheme with employer contributions
- BUPA private medical cover
- life and critical illness insurance
- salary sacrifice schemes such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work and payroll giving
- employee assistance programme
- independent health and wellbeing support, including remote GP and mental health support and physiotherapy
- employee bonus and staff incentivisation scheme
- additional banks of paid leave for long service
- paid professional subscriptions
- opportunities to earn shares in the business over the long term
- flexible working arrangements around core hours
- a relaxed, inclusive, supportive and friendly working environment
- the opportunity to work on the marketing of high-profile architectural projects and market leading engineering design
- exceptional personal and career development opportunities within an ambitious growing business
Please apply for this role via the apply for job button below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom