Skender is looking to add a design assistant to its team in Chicago.
Skender is revolutionizing how the industry builds. Rooted in our history of innovation, we are unifying design, construction, and manufacturing into a single source of truth. It all begins with a collaborative team and a culture of respect. And that allows us to deliver a client experience that’s unlike any in the business.
- provides building information modeling and routine drafting as required throughout the duration of projects
- prepare schematic designs, design development, and construction documentation into detailed Revit models/drawings
- composes and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, schedules, and details as directed for project production
- coordinates working drawing information with related external vendors and consultants
- create 3D renderings for illustration and marketing purposes as needed
- assist with construction administration document management when directed
- follows established standards for project production and review
Educational and experience requirements
An associate’s degree in a related field is compulsory. Minimum working experience in design is required but must show a demonstrated capacity for architectural sensitivity
- strong proficiency in Revit/BIM is required. Revit or Autodesk certification preferred
- must possess working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, SketchUp, and Photoshop
- basic knowledge of Enscape, VR/AR software desired
- must be able to work independently to meet deadlines, while additionally fostering a collaborative team attitude
Why Work for Skender?
Skender has been consistently recognized for its growth, strategic business strategy and outstanding commitment to employees.
Recent accolades include:
- Best Places to Work | Crain’s Chicago Business
- Top Contractors in America | Engineering News-Record
- Top Builders in the U.S. | Building Design + Construction
- General Contractor of the Year | Coalition for United Community Action
Click here to apply.