SOM is looking for an architect to join its London practice.
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an architectural professional for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- strong technical understanding of design philosophy and the ability to develop strategies to incorporate into the design of landmark projects
- enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary design process and team-focused environment
- completion of five or six-year architectural degree program or master’s in architecture program or equivalent
- minimum of three years of professional experience in all phases of project work
- demonstrates knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes
- proficiency in Revfit, Rhino, Grasshopeer and AutoCAD
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Learn more about SOM’s employment policy:
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions – architecture, interiors, planning, etc. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about SOM: www.som.com
at TGP International