SOM has an opportunity for an intermediate visualisation specialist to join its team in London.
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM means:
- ideas: we believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm
- knowledge: we believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge
- product: we strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work
- individual: we value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm
- team: we value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential
- firm: we have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work
- contributes to the development of a project with periodic supervision by senior visualiser or visual design manager. Exhibits initiative, process innovation, problem solving and decision quality with a high attention to precision and accuracy at a task specific level
- produces presentation deliverables
- produces 3D models for rendering from the models and various inputs received from design teams
- demonstrates broad understanding of various 3D modelling techniques and knowledge of composition, texturing ,lighting, rendering and post production
- creates bespoke materials and production ready models from various inputs received from the design team
- effectively communicates internally through timely and appropriate written, oral and visual means
- actively collaborates at a project team level by critically and constructively evaluating ideas
- demonstrates an intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, specifications, codes, details and construction techniques. Is able to enrich design concepts through technical strategies and effectively uses appropriate tools to design and document at all project phases
- manages time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with periodic interaction and direction from project leaders and senior visualisers
- degree in architecture, design or arts
- minimum of two years of professional experience or equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
- demonstrates proficiency in 3DS Max, Corona/V-Ray, Photoshop
- basic knowledge of video editing software and 3DS max plugins and scripts
- broad understanding of 3D modelling techniques, including Rhino
- knowledge and experience of Unreal Engine, Unity a bonus
- high level of self-organisation
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Visit this page to learn more about SOM’s employment policy and how to apply offline.
Click this link to apply.
For more about SOM: