SMC Design has an opportunity for a graphic designer/creative artworker to join its team in London.
We are looking for an excellent candidate to fill the following role in our graphics department.
Graphic designer/creative artworker
Permanent role – mid-weight and junior designer positions available.
Ideally we would be looking for someone who has experience in environmental branding design and creating signage manufacturing drawings.
The following would be a bonus:
- understanding architect drawings, elevations, scales and plans
- concept and design development
Please do not send portfolios with large amounts of editorial work this is is not the skill set we are looking for.
We need to see candidates with excellent Illustrator and Indesign skills.
Suitable candidate will need to be able to start by latest end of August.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a multi-disciplinary design office near London Bridge for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join their graphics team.
The candidate will be required to deliver innovative and intuitive graphic solutions to work on prestigious leisure projects. Projects include logo design, signage and wayfinding design, brand development, and in-house marketing collateral.
As a member of the Graphics team your primary responsibilities will include the following:
- make recommendations for concept, design and art direction for a variety of two and three-dimensional graphics and signage
- prepare photo visualizations and mock-ups of proposed signage for placement, content and/or usage
- lead, coordinate and carry out extensive signage and graphic packages to a print/production-ready standard
- assist clients with translating their expressed needs and ideas into concepts, and develop into effective design
- liaise with internal and external resources and be capable of researching and sourcing information quickly and effectively
- prepare detailed drawings of signage designs
- participate in project team meetings internally and externally and be comfortable presenting ideas and designs
- maintain accurate files and records
- manage personal work flow and schedule
- assist in the preparation of bids and marketing materials
- three+ years’ studio and client facing experience in a graphic design position
- proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Cinema 4D, 3ds Max (bonus)
- an excellent, diverse portfolio of work
- strong branding design
- a broad variety of client/project experience
- ability to work on one’s own and as part of a team
- strong written and spoken English skills
- an element of project management may be required so experience would be beneficial to the candidate
- any digital design experience would be beneficial
Please submit CVs and portfolios in a PDF format using the ‘apply’ link below.
Any URLs of website links should be in the portfolio as a hyperlink.