SMC Design is looking for a senior FF&E designer to join its office in London, UK.
A permanent position has arisen to take ownership of the senior FF&E responsibilities on a variety of projects.
8-10 years experience required.
Salary competitive, negotiable depending on experience.
Due to continued success, we are now recruiting for a senior FF&E designer at SMC Design. For this role it is crucial the candidate is competent working with minimal over-seeing, producing a high quality of work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and organised FF&E designer to work on high-end marine interior design projects, liasing with suppliers and working to a client’s needs and aspirations. Project involvement is from conception through to completion, and the candidates will join projects at a variety of stages along the way to form these dynamic and fast-paced roles.
Experience in delivering FF&E packages for large-scale commercial projects (eg hotels/cruise ships) is essential, as well as impeccable organisational, research and communication skills
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Excel, and confidence in using an Apple Mac computer. Familiarity with navigating Vectorworks a bonus but not essential
- an extensive understanding of finishes, furniture and lighting, with a fantastic eye for the finer details
- experience completing specifications to a high standard of clarity
- an ability to interpret a brief and design schemes for a wide variety of client’s tastes, brand identity or requirements
- an ability to research for and create strong mood boards
- an ability to create sample boards for client presentations
- an understanding of controlling budgets, as well as an enjoyment of “problem solving” and fulfilling proposed concepts within budget
- an ability to work as part of a larger team, but also independently on projects where required
- an ability to hit the ground running and be self motivated, supported by their previous experience taking ownership of the FF&E on projects
- excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, for succinctly communicating concepts and information to a variety of people involved in the project: in house, external 3D visual artists, clients and contractors.
- strong English is essential
A positive attitude towards mucking in is required, as the FF&E team all help out with keeping the library and layout area tidy and functioning! It is also essential that the candidate is able to travel (often at short notice) to locations within the UK and abroad.
Please send cover letter, cv & portfolio for review by using the ‘apply’ link below.