SMC Design is looking for a senior interior designer/project manager to join its team in London.
SMC is looking for a senior interior designer/project manager to expand our current creative team as our client workload increases.
- educated to degree or diploma level with 10 years’ post grad experience
- applicable knowledge of project management methodologies
As a senior interior designer/project manager you would have successfully lead a team from inception to completion for a period of 10 years, demonstrating your proven skills at delivering exceptional design, with experience of working on site.
- ability to create and develop conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture
- advanced skills in VectorWorks, PhotoShop, SketchUp and MS Office
- knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- experience in using CAD software fluently
- some knowledge of Studio software would be advantageous
- self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- ability to manage time, generate/manage schedules and workflow of projects efficiently
- quality experience dealing with contractors and sub-teams on site including architects and engineers
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- ability to understand and generate plans creatively
- proven track record of 10 years in project management field
- familiar with project reporting and documentation requirements
- good communication skills and ability to present at a high level
- managing a project efficiently, to program and budget
- managing and briefing design team on live projects, including control and sign-off of their project time logs and attendance
- mentoring and assisting junior and middleweight designers
- managing the procurement of FF&E products
- building and growing existing client relationships
- visualisation and explanation of concepts to others
- developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- working closely with the director and associates, you are expected to use your initiative on following up on new business opportunities and attend networking events within the industry
- going to site and working closely with sub-contractors and clients
- accountable for project deliverables and the approval of project output
Please submit your cv and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom