SO – IL has an opportunity for a business development and marketing manager and director to join its team in New York.
SO – IL is an internationally recognized architecture and design firm based in New York. Founded by Jing Liu and Florian Idenburg in 2008, we create spaces and objects for future culture. Rigorously optimistic, our team speaks more than a dozen languages. Our clients are spread across France and South Korea to the United States and Australia.
Business development and marketing manager and director
We are seeking two experienced applicants with a strong interest in our mission. Working with the partners, the manager and director will be
responsible for actively assessing and pursuing potential projects and conducting market research on opportunities worldwide. Their roles will also oversee the marketing and communications platforms of the studio. The candidates will report to the partners.
The final title, salary and responsibilities for this position will be based on the candidate’s years of experience and expertise. We are open and interested in considering a range of backgrounds, and we encourage professionals interested in our practice to apply.
Strategy and roadmap:
- work closely with the partners on goals and strategies for business development, marketing and communications
- manage marketing budgets and forecasting processes with the
support of the studio manager
- support the partners in generating new business and developing the studio’s network – with a focus on cultural and institutional work
- manage the CRM for potential and existing client relationships
- ensure appropriate follow-up for the partners’ meetings
- act as the initial point of contact for new business inquiries
- participate in business meetings with prospective clients and collaborators as needed.
- attend conferences and networking opportunities as a representative of SO – IL
Managing RFP/Qs and the pursuit of new business:
- focus your efforts on new business development opportunities for SO – IL
- manage the new business pipeline
- present new opportunities to partners at weekly business development and marketing meetings; this includes managing the go-no-go process
- act as lead point-person internally to develop and submit
- manage and write proposals, presentations and strategies for new opportunities to further SO – IL’s success
Marketing and communications:
- analyze markets and sectors to develop a clear SO – IL brand identity
- content development: identify and develop SO – IL brand assets, content, social media, etc.; this includes coordinating with designers, writers, etc. for content production
- manage media requests, lecture inquiries, and networking events
- manage and update SO – IL’s website and social media platforms
- publishing: develop and implement campaigns and press outreach to communicate SO – IL’s brand
- internal communications: design and implement office programs to promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values
- reporting: provide bi-annual reporting to the partners on business development, marketing and communications
- ensure the office is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion in anticipation of any client or media tours
- other tasks as assigned
- degree in architecture, architectural history, art history, real estate, urban planning, landscape architecture or a related field; candidates with a legal or business background with an affinity for architecture will also be considered
- fluency in English; bilingual proficiency in another language is preferred
- minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in business development or marketing required, preferably in the architecture, real estate, the cultural sector or development field
- experience in responding to RFI, RFP, PQQ and direct assignment proposals
- experience/capability with the management of multiple assignments/deadlines
- interest in and affinity with market research
- self-disciplined, proactive and confident in a complex environment
- excellent communication, organizational, negotiation and pitching skills
- skilled in MS Office and Adobe InDesign
- familiarity with basic graphic design and web design
- demonstrated knowledge of social media management
- experience managing CRMs
- ability to develop unconventional commercial solutions for unique creative opportunities
- action-oriented and always adopt a positive ‘can-do approach’ in the work you do; you must be a motivated self-starter and have confidence
in taking ownership of a number of projects
- maintain the ability to work flexibly in a demanding environment
- strong interest and/or background in architectural history
- collaborative and comfortable working with a wide range of project partners, stakeholders, and audiences
- flexible, organized, keen eye for detail, and able to multitask
What we offer
Beyond the opportunity to work with a global and ambitious company:
- an exciting international working environment
- salary to be determined based on experience; within our current salary structure, a candidate at the manager level with three to eight years’ experience qualifies for a salary in the range of $80,000 to $100,000 annually and a candidate with at least eight years’ experience at the director level qualifies for a salary in the range of $100,000 to $150,000
- training and development opportunities
- regular excursions and parties
- partial health insurance
- 15 paid holiday days and seven sick days for a 40-hour working week in addition to eight federal holidays.
To be considered for the position please submit your CV/resume and cover letter via the ‘apply for job’ button below, with the subject of the email as “your name_bizdev”. If you are an international applicant, please note your visa status and if you will now or in the future require visa sponsorship for employment at SO – IL.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are not able to reach out to every inquiry. We will follow up with qualified candidates via email to schedule interviews. Please no phone calls or unscheduled office visits.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, colour, national origin, religion, sexuality, gender, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. SO – IL is dedicated to the fulfilment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment.
To submit your application please click the ‘apply for job’ button below.