Soho House is seeking a junior architect to join its team in London.
Who we are
We are a collection of members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
A junior architectural designer is responsible for producing high quality project design deliverables from concept through to specification and construction documents. Working on one large, or multiple smaller projects overseen by the principal/project architect on tasks and deliverables to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
- producing high quality design work from concept phase to construction packages
- responsible for an individual project or package of work, ensure that design follows SH design and operational standards, and relevant statutory requirements under the guidance of the project architect
- works closely with the project team following efficient design management processes
- ensures project milestones and deadlines are met with the overview of principal/project architect where appropriate
- creates project design information as required by project architect
- assigns project hours to Harvest on a daily basis
- be industrious, enthusiastic and enjoy working as part of a team
- self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- active listening and clear communication
- be fully conversant with relevant software packages including AutoCAD
- be a Part 1 qualified, relevant experience working in the commercial sector, experience working on hotel and restaurant projects would be advantageous
- discounts at Soho House globally, as well as Soho Home and Cowshed
- annual every house membership
- enhanced pension scheme
- private health and dental care
- cycle to work scheme/season ticket loan
- in conjunction with Soho Impact, take three days paid a year to support a charity of your choice