Sonya Winner Rug Studio has an opportunity for a studio assistant to join its studio in London.
This is an admin role, suitable for someone with admin experience, not someone who is looking to be an architect or designer.
Sonya Winner Rug Studio is looking for an experienced part-time or full-time studio assistant to join its small team (including studio dog) at their beautiful north-west London showroom/studio.
The ideal candidate will be a super organised self-starter with at solid work experience with references. The position covers supporting the studio manager and founder in all aspects of the business with at times minimum supervision. This role could suit someone studying part-time, e.g. masters/postgraduate. You will learn a huge amount about running a small business and will be trained in our systems.
The job involves administrative activities to facilitating smooth, efficient running of the office including but not limited to:
- diary management and other duties as required
- maintaining stock, stationary, kitchen, plants, filing within cupboards etc
- website updating via WordPress back end site
- taking telephone calls and recording messages, responding to email inquiries, managing shared inboxes
- admin – printing, filing, archiving etc
- admin tasks for our bookkeepers (no knowledge of bookkeeping software required, but it is a bonus)
- database work – updating contacts
- ensuring pieces displayed in the studio are always clean and in their best presentable form
- shipping, including preparing the rugs/cushions for delivery, promotional materials to go with the pieces, filling in online paperwork for courier and commercial invoices and booking couriers
- stock control – via Excel
- greeting guests
- keeping track of orders and customer relations
- social media – posting images and engaging with our followers
- writing blog posts
- helping at events and functions
- ability to take and learn instructions and follow through tasks as trained accurately and independently
- excellent time management skills; able to multi-task, work to multiple deadlines and prioritise workload
- excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to confidently and sensitively liaise with members of the team, as well as clients, suppliers and couriers in person, over the phone, and via email
- ability to think logically and sensibly about how tasks and the role affect other parts of the business
- practical approach to daily issues and problem-solving; adaptable to change and new challenges
- abillity to work unsupervised and use initiative to problem solve
- strong sense of initiative and the ability to work both independently and collaborate within a team
- reliable and punctual, with excellent planning and organisational skills
- able to work under pressure to tight deadlines with attention to detail
- proactive and confident
- good IT skills, fluent with Apple Mac, proficiency in MS Office including Excel
- familiar with working with social media
- enjoys writing in English
- positive attitude and strong aptitude for learning and best practice
- a diplomatic personality, with a good sense of discretion
This is an admin role, not suitable for someone who wants to be a designer. A competitive salary will be offered depending on experience, skills and references. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting your suitability for the role, as well as your long term aspirations, to Cristina using the ‘apply’ link below.
Applicants must have the unrestricted right to work in the UK and have verifiable references.
Start date: Jan/Feb 2020