Sou Fujimoto Architects is looking for an architect (project leader) to join its firm immediately in Tokyo, Japan.
The candidate is expected to have rich experience in projects in Chinese region.
Description of the firm
Sou Fujimoto Architects is an award winning architecture firm founded in 2000 in Tokyo by Japanese architect Sou Fujimoto. It’s headquartered in Tokyo and we also have office in Paris since 2016. Tokyo office has multi-national team of more than 50 employees, and more than half of them are from overseas. We have various ongoing projects in many parts of the world.
Having increasing number of projects in Chinese regions recently, we are looking for an architect who has extensive experience in that region. Followings are the professional skills and qualifications required.
We are looking for
Architect with eight plus years’ experience, having led projects and design teams in China.
- have worked in a leading architecture firm in China (either based in China, or at Chinese branch of renowned international firm)
- bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture
- willing to make at least two years of commitment in Tokyo office
- fluent in Mandarin and English
- experienced in all project phases including construction follow up (must be able to draw construction drawing)
- experienced with Chinese building code and regulations
- experienced with Chinese planing/building permission procedure
- experienced projects include public, cultural, commercial complex, housing etc.
- highly skilled in AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe CS, Grasshopper, V-Ray or Revit will be a plus
- ability to manage and supervise teams to carry out projects according to the criteria of cost, quality and deadlines – economic and financial management, planning
- ability to work in a team, with a wide variety of actors, clients, consulting firms, work managers
- ability to work and deliver within tight time frames
- good communication and team skills (both with clients and co-workers)
- curiosity, rigour, artistic sense and strength of proposal
- view height, transversal vision on all aspects of the projects: from upstream to downstream, from aesthetic aspects to more technical aspects
Remuneration: to be agreed according to experience
Start date: as soon as possible
Place: Tokyo, Japan
Please submit your CV and portfolio with cover letter (in English) using the ‘apply’ link below. Files should be in PDF format, size less than 10MB, no website links please.