Spaceagency is seeking a full-time architectural designer to join its growing team in central London on exciting, high profile international projects. As we are at a pivotal time in our company’s growth, we are looking for a candidate that is keen to progress their career, taking responsibility for projects and driving design concepts from inception to completion.
Spaceagency is a design agency based in London and working globally. Our focus is on the design of experiences that engage the visitor at every scale: urban, building, interior. Our expertise includes wayfinding, concept and brand development, city identity, retail and hospitality design. Our international client portfolio includes cities, global brands and collaborations with renowned design studios. We are currently the wayfinding designer for the public realm of Expo 2020 Dubai, for an event venue in Los Angeles collaboration with OMA, for a World Cup Stadium in Qatar and the interior designer for a boutique hotel in London.
Our work integrates the technical rigour of architecture with insight into how people move in and understand buildings and urban spaces; bringing together architecture and user experience design. This requires a strategic thinker who can translate analysis into design concepts, and who can think about the very large and small scale at the same time.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- design talent and an outstanding portfolio of professional design experience
- strong analytical skills
- self-motivation and drive for excellence
- the ability to work quickly under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment
- conscientiousness, organisation and a meticulous attention to detail
- professional degree in architecture or related design discipline
- minimum three years professional experience
- 3D software skills: AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, VRay
- 2D software skills: Adobe Creative Suite
- strong communication skills, professional written English, professional spoken English
- availability to interview in London, eligibility to begin work immediately in London with a current valid working visa for the UK
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing, creative studio. Applicants should send their CV, portfolio – under 5MB. and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Last Name_First Name_Designer’ as the subject line of your email. Spaceagency is an equal opportunities employer.