Spaceagency is seeking a full-time senior experience designer to join its team in London.
Spaceagency is a destination experience design company specialising in wayfinding and urban experience master planning. Our team employs a unique blend of urban analytics, destination positioning and branding, wayfinding and placemaking expertise to curate human-centric journeys through unforgettable places. Our international client portfolio includes cities, global brands and collaborations with renowned design studios. Projects will include wayfinding for giga-projects in the Middle East, visitor experience design strategies as well as exhibition design projects.
The practice is looking to recruit a full-time senior experience designer with client-facing management experience and a minimum of 10 years professional practice who can take responsibility for leading projects and teams. In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the excellence of a project’s design. You’ll have in-depth involvement in coordinating the client’s vision with the studio team to help ensure a successfully executed design. This is an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable and capable individual to play a senior role within our management team. The role will involve project management as well as leading and mentoring teams within an expanding studio at the innovative edge of design practice.
The qualities we seek:
- thriving in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment
- flexibility to support numerous teams in any project phase
- proactive, confident, can-do attitude
- strong communication and team working skills
- drive, initiative and determination to find solutions
Technical qualifications and role requirements:
- professional degree in architecture, interior design or a related spatial design discipline and a minimum of 10 years related experience
- design talent and portfolio of professional design experience (including built work and experience in all project phases)
- experience managing high profile design projects and mentoring project teams
- ability to create project plans and manage project staff billable time to meet client design expectations
- strong conceptual design skills with the ability to communicate ideas in a variety of graphic media
- strong analytical skills and strategic design thinking
- excellent 3D software skills, including Rhino, VRAY, Enscape
- excellent 2D software skills, including AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite
- excellent communication skills, professional English, written and verbal
- availability and eligibility to begin work immediately in London with a current valid working visa for the UK
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the management team in an innovative design studio. Applicants should send their CV, portfolio (under 5MB) and a cover letter via the apply for job button below. Please use ‘last name_first name_ED’ as the subject line.