Spacelab is looking for a workplace strategist to join its London team.
At Spacelab, we use research, data and collaboration to re-imagine how spaces can be used for the better. We seek to create inspiring and functional environments that empower the people who use them.
We are looking for a hyper-curious, analytical and innovative individual to work with our existing research team on exciting working environments, ranging from production studios to genetics laboratories. We are also beginning to transfer our expertise into other sectors such as education, healthcare and residential.
- develop custom project programmes in response to clients’ needs, carry out research into users and organisations
- guide a cross-functional design team by interpreting research results and crafting these into a meaningful narrative for the client
- degree qualified or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline such as design, architecture, social science, business, etc, plus an interest in the relationship between people, space and technology
- minimum two years experience of either working in workplace consulting, workplace design or spaceplanning and proven experience of working with commercial organisations
- experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods, in Excel or Google Sheets, and descriptive statistics such as pie charts or line graphs. and qualitative research methods, such as interviewing, ethnographic observation
- curiosity to learn from others and experience or strong interest in collaborating closely with creative designers
- interest in playing with technologies to gain new insights and automate processes
- uncapped paid annual leave and industry tracked competitive salary
- genuine opportunities to progress within the organisation, and freedom to drive your own personal development
- collaborative style of working, with a diverse and dynamic team. Sociable, friendly culture, with an inclusive, non-hierarchical family feel
- to work on a varied, challenging and exciting client list, e.g. ASOS, Goodwood Racecourse, Open Society Foundations, iris Worldwide, the University of London and Boden
- focus on wellbeing with a cycle to work scheme and a range of team exercise classes and challenges
If you’re interested, and think you would thrive in a fast paced and rewarding environment, please submit along with a covering email, your salary expectations and availability using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please cite the specific job role you are applying for in the email subject. No agencies please. Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all enquiries. Spacelab is an equal opportunities employer.