STAC Architecture is looking for a Part 3 architect/senior designer to become part of its team in London.
STAC is recruiting for a job running architect with a minimum of three years’ experience post-Part 3 qualification and/or senior interior designer with at least five years’ commercial design experience.
STAC Architecture is an award-winning, design-orientated studio. Design excellence is at the forefront of everything we do. We focus on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible within the realms of art, architecture, interiors and product design.
STAC Architecture specialises in hospitality/retail design, with particular focus on interior fit-out in those sectors. Having recently secured projects with exciting new international clients, we are currently looking to expand our hospitality/retail design team.
We would, therefore, like to hear from job running architects with a minimum of three years’ experience post-Part 3 qualification and/or senior interior designers with at least five years’ commercial design experience. The successful candidate will be stepping into a business that is on the cusp of significant growth and this new team member will get the opportunity to play an integral role in this transformative phase.
As well as a proven track record for design and detail drawing, each candidate will be required to demonstrate that they are not only passionate about design, but self-motivated, organised and willing to work as part of a wider team.
- three-plus years’ experience post-Part 3 qualification
- five-plus years’ interior design experience in commercial environment
- strong conceptual design/thinking
- site experience as lead consultant
- experience in delivering tender and construction drawing packages
- a full understanding of translating design concepts into building assembly
- clear understanding of materials, both traditional and new
- confident in communication with excellent written and spoken English
- ability to work within a team, as well as organise and run your own projects
- excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop experience
- 3d modelling ability, preferably in Rhino 3D and/or SketchUp
- work on exciting hospitality projects from concept to construction
- focus on interior and product design with an architectural approach
- design, detail and execute fast-tracked projects with ease
- production of tender and construction packages – drawings, schedules and specifications
- report to senior members of the team re: job status, workload, etc
Nice to have:
- Mac experience
- Vectorworks 2D proficiency
- Grasshopper experience
- restaurant or retail design experience (although this is a requirement if applying as senior designer)
Job start date: immediate
Competitive salary to reflect experience and ability to fulfil the needs of the role.
How to apply
If this role sounds like it is too good to pass up, then please send your CV and portfolio (max 10MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
In your portfolio, please include examples of completed drawing packages – from floor plans and sections through to construction detail drawings (1:5 / 1:2 scale). These should be accompanied with a brief covering letter stating why you believe this role is for you and what your strongest attributes are. Please also state your salary expectations and availability.
We are only able to accept candidates who already hold the necessary documents entitling them to live and work in the UK without restriction.
Due to the sheer number of applications, we will only be able to respond to those that fulfil the above-mentioned criteria.
STAC Architecture is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.