STAC Architecture is recruiting a Part 2 architectural assistant/interior designer to join its team in London.
This is a role for independent individuals who wish to design and see their ideas realised and built. With regards to hospitality design, quite simply put ‘you won’t get more design freedom anywhere else!’ This does however come with increased responsibility and we are therefore looking for job-running designers that have a proven track record for delivery. If you are bold, brave and creative and wish to design and deliver beautiful projects then this role is for you!
STAC Architecture is an award-winning and design-oriented studio. Design excellence is at the forefront of everything we do. We focus on innovative thinking, collaborative design and making, constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible within the realms of art, architecture, interiors and product design. STAC specialises in hospitality and residential design and architecture. Our hospitality projects have budgets of one million plus pounds and involve very bespoke design and collaboration with artisans, artists and makers around the world. We would, therefore, like to hear from job-running architects/interior designers with a proven track record in hospitality. The successful candidate will be stepping into a design-oriented studio that is on the cusp of significant growth and this new team member will get the opportunity to play an integral role in this transformative phase. Designers at STAC take full concept and design ownership of their projects, giving them a freedom that is rarely found in other studios.
As well as a proven track record for design and detail drawing, each candidate will be required to demonstrate that they are not only passionate about design but also self-motivated, organised and willing to work as part of a wider team.
- relevant qualifications and minimum of two years professional work experience in the UK
- a strong portfolio, showcasing good presentation and drawing skills, preferably including medium to large residential projects
- strong conceptual design/thinking
- Vectorworks 2D proficiency is essential
- 3D modelling ability with Rhino/SketchUp
- site experience
- experience in delivering coordinated tender and construction drawing packages
- a full understanding of translating design concepts into building assembly
- confident in communication with excellent written and spoken English
- ability to work within a team, as well as organise and run your own projects independently
- excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop proficiency
- work alongside and support the hospitality and residential design team with concept presentations, design development and construction documents
- work at a range of scales from individual pieces of furniture to larger fit out schemes
- opportunity to design, detail and see fast-paced projects through to construction
- production of tender and construction packages – drawings, schedules and specifications
- report to senior members of the team regarding job status, workload etc
- Mac experience
- advanced 3D modelling ability, preferably in Rhino 3D
- Rhino and Grasshopper experience
The ideal candidates are expected to be able to start immediately. The salary is competitive, reflecting experience and ability to fulfil the needs of the role.
How to apply
If this role sounds like it is too good to pass up, then please submit your CV and portfolio (maximum 10 MB) via the ‘apply for job’ button below quoting ‘STAC Part 2 architectural assistant/interior designer’.
In your portfolio, please include examples of completed drawing packages – from floor plans and sections to construction detail drawings (1:5/1:2 scale). These should be accompanied by a brief cover letter stating why you believe this role is for you and what your strongest attributes are. Please also state your salary expectations and availability.
We are only able to accept candidates who already hold the necessary documents entitling them to live and work in the UK without restriction. Due to the sheer number of applications, we will only be able to respond to those that fulfil the above-mentioned criteria.
STAC Architecture is an equal opportunities employer.