Steelcase has an opportunity for an industrial design intern for six months to join its team in Hong Kong, China.
We are looking for a creative individual with design thinking that articulating user insights, product conceptualisation, fast iterative prototyping, 3D modeling and visualisation, collaboration across time zones, concept presentations, driving projects forward in collaboration with other design team members and project teams.
As a member of the Steelcase industrial design team, you’ll be a part of a global team that touches every aspect of our business and every brand moment that our employees and customers experience. You’ll find inspiration working with industrial designers, marketing professionals and creative professionals around the world – as you translate complex ideas and concepts into compelling human-centred designs and experiences.
- ability to interact with all levels of people from contractors to executives
- ability to research design problems and present design direction in clear and compelling framework
- ability to work quickly and effectively through concept explorations in order to identify relevant and viable solutions
- having an intuitive sense of complex systems and an eye for detail while never losing sight of the user experience
- ability to handle multiple projects
- experience with accelerated timelines
- comfortable building physical prototypes as with 3D-modeling or digital storytelling tools
- bachelor’s degree in industry designer or product design
- knowledge of materials, manufacturing and latest technologies
- excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- fluent in both written and spoken English; Cantonese, Mandarin is a plus
- proficient in IT literacy
Please send your portfolio and CV in English to the human resources department, using the ‘apply’ link below.
Applications need to be submitted by 10 October 2019. Information provided is for recruitment purposes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are proud of our diverse and broad workforce, and we’re always looking to get better.