Stefan Shaw Studio is looking for architects, Part 2 architectural assistants or urban designers to join its team in London.
Stefan Shaw Studio is seeking, architects, Part 2 architectural assistants and urban designers with residential project experience to join our growing team of exceptional designers in our Peckham Rye based RIBA chartered practice.
Our studio is based in the newly transformed multi-storey car park Peckham Levels, home to Franks cafe, a multitude of pop-ups, bars, restaurants and workspaces. The cultural hub is the ideal place to grow and develop as part of a wider creative community.
We are driven, experienced, friendly, and tenacious and whether housing or commercial, masterplanning or cultural, no two of our projects are the same. We focus on adding creative value for our clients, strategic thinking and a belief in the value of craft.
- offer the opportunity to guide the conceptual and detailed design of projects across London and the UK
- provide the setting for you to lead and deliver projects from concept to completion
- provide facilities to develop your career as part of a growing design studio
- provide a creative, friendly and energetic working environment
- be proactive with experience working on residential projects in the UK
- have experience in producing tender, building control and construction drawing packages
- have comprehensive understanding of UK building regulations
- have a flexible and organised approach to programming and workload
- want to lead the delivery of residential projects and feel comfortable working on more than one project at a time
- have experience of the design and procurement of specialist joinery items
- participate in regular design workshops with clients
- produce mood boards and 3D hand sketches to capture and communicate design intent
- produce schedules, drawings and specifications for tender and construction purposes
- play an active role in negotiations with contractors
- work alongside suppliers, fabricators and manufacturers to procure specialist items
- work closely with other consultants to coordinate construction information
- proficiency in MicroStation, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is required.
- Rhino and V-Ray skills are an advantage
Please send CVs and samples of work with specific emphasis of your delivery experience (Stages 4/5) project and examples of hand-sketching if available, using the ‘apply’ link below.
This is a full-time position. All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.