Stellar Works is looking for a UK sales manager to join its office in London.
Stellar Works design and produce stunning furniture collections for the home, as well as manufacturing bespoke items for many of the world’s best hotel, retail and hospitality companies.
Due to the continued growth of our business we now require an exceptional Sales Manager with a genuine passion for great design, to join our London team.
The job is based at our showroom in Clerkenwell, though a large portion of your time will be spent meeting clients at their studios, offices and off-site.
With colleagues and teams the world over, excellent training in Shanghai and opportunities for development within the company, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, creative and rapidly-growing international brand.
We need a UK sales manager to help drive sales growth in our UK and Ireland operations through business development, key account management and A&D sales.
Reporting directly to the European MD, this will involve:
- identifying future UK sales leads and helping to develop a pipeline of new jobs and new business
- building an exceptional network of UK retailers and dealers for the Stellar Works collections
- visiting the A&D community in the UK, organising presentations and keeping existing clients updated on all brand developments
- sending out prices and information in response to customer requests
- preparing accurate and timely quotes for clients
- keeping clients informed on the progress of their orders and providing excellent customer care and after-service
- building databases of contacts and keeping them updated
- developing/maintaining excellent client relationships in person, by phone and over email
- preparing regular updates and forecasts on UK sales performance
- ensuring that exhibitions, both in London and overseas are a success and well-attended by our A&D partners, dealers and retailers
The role will offer the opportunity for travel to shows like Salone del Mobile, Maison&Objet, Stockholm, IMM etc, as well as managing our participation in shows like Clerkenwell Design Week.
In-depth training in Shanghai will be offered.
There will also be opportunities to accompany our best dealers and clients on trips to Asia, to introduce them to our operations and production processes.
At least two years in a demanding sales role, either in-house with a well-established brand, or working with a range of different brands.
The ideal candidate will:
- have an established network of contacts across the A&D, retail and contract markets
- be a self-starter, happy to work under their own initiative and able to identify areas that need attention without constant instruction
- be a team player; cooperative, easily gaining the trust and support of peers and encouraging collaboration
- be super-organised, with a passion for detail that’s second to none
- have a ‘can do’ attitude and be happy to take on different responsibilities beyond the literal scope of the job spec
- have excellent client relation skills, with a high level of numeracy and literacy
- be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- be legally allowed to work in the UK
Remuneration according to experience.
Salary plus generous commission.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, using the ‘apply’ link at the bottom of the ad.
Please note that we are only able to respond to candidates shortlisted for interview.