Steve Ritchie Partnership is looking for a project architect to join its office in London.
Job description – project architect – full time (To start early 2019)
We are looking for a well-rounded, design focussed project architect with four to six years’ post Part 3 experience in the UK. This is a key design role with potential for progression within the practice for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be creative, able to work accurately to tight deadlines and have excellent interpersonal skills. They will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively, leading and assisting as needed on different elements of projects.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be required to:
- develop medium to large feasibility studies
- work within a team on large scale planning submissions and construction packages
- liaise with clients and contractors
- participate actively in the development of our growing and ambitious practice
Essential skills and experience
Education: ARB Registered Architect, Part 3 Qualified
- minimum four to six years’ post Part 3 work experience in the UK
- experience in the residential sector
Applicants should be:
- confident and experienced designers
- efficient team workers – able to work accurately to tight deadlines on challenging briefs
Proficient in the following packages:
- AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up
- Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
Up to speed with current building regulations, planning law and RIBA guidance:
- able to hand draw sketches
- professional with good interpersonal skills
- fluent in written and spoken English
- eligible to work in the UK
Specific experience in the following sectors would also be an advantage:
- food retail
- extra care
- tertiary education (faculty building design)
SRP are a small, friendly, international team based just off Brick Lane in Spitalfields. We work across a variety of sectors with current projects ranging from large-scale student housing and retail projects to luxury fit out and interior design office and residential projects in London.
All staff are expected to take an active part in the running and development of the practice and we believe in a good work/life balance. Working hours are 09:00-18:00 with an hour for lunch. In addition to 20 days holiday we have a generous Christmas holiday shut down.
Salaries are competitive, negotiable and dependent on skills and experience. Staff benefits include profit share, pension, life and income protection cover, chocolate biscuits and the option of private health insurance.
SRP is committed to continuing professional development and can offer support for professional qualifications in addition to our ongoing CPD programme.
How to apply
Please send your cv/portfolio and a covering letter, using the ‘apply’ link below.
No agencies please.