Ström Architects is looking for an architect/architectural assistant for an immediate start in Hampshire, UK.
Strom Architects is a small, niche architectural practice specialising in the design of contemporary homes.
We currently work on houses all over the UK, as well as Sweden, Spain and shortly US and New Zealand.
The studio is located in Lymington – a beautiful coastal town two hours from London and 30 mins from Southampton or Bournemouth. The location in the New Forest, right on the coast, offers great potential for water sports, cycling and other leisure activities, providing an opportunity for an exciting new start for the right candidate.
The right person, with bundles of enthusiasm and a positive attitude is more important than if you’re a Part 2 or a qualified architect. The role is varied, and will involve work across all RIBA stages. For less experienced candidates, training and support will be provided.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- experience of high-end residential work
- a strong design portfolio
- documented technical and detailing experience
- job-running experience from inception to completion an advantage
- ability to work as part of a team but also individually – must be able to take initiative and be creative
- ability to work to a varying workload and tight deadlines
- excellent written and spoken English
- excellent SketchUp skills
- proficient in CAD (we use Vectorworks) and Adobe Suite
- attention to detail is essential – in design, but also writing and presentation of work
- full UK/ EU driving license
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following:
- an attached letter outlining your experience, ambitions, availability, and salary expectations
- a CV
- a PDF portfolio (maximum 10MB) showcasing your work, including images and text
Please don’t send links for online portfolios.
No recruitment agencies please.