Strom Architects is seeking a project architect to join its team in Lymington, UK.
Strom Architects is looking for a project architect with five-ten years post part 3 experience for immediate start.
Strom Architects is a niche architectural practice specialising in the design of high-end contemporary homes. We currently work in the UK, Sweden, Czech Republic, Spain, the US and New Zealand.
The studio is located in Lymington – a beautiful coastal town 2h from London and 30 mins from Southampton or Bournemouth. The location in the New Forest, right on the coast, offers great potential for water sports, cycling and other leisure activities, providing an opportunity for an exciting new start for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- experience delivering contemporary high-end residential work
- have experience and confidence in liaising with clients, contractors and consultant teams
- a strong design portfolio
- documented technical and detailing experience
- job-running experience; particular at Stage 4 and onwards
- ability to work as part of a team but also individually – must be able to take initiative and be creative
- ability to work to a varying workload and tight deadlines
- excellent written and spoken English
- excellent SketchUp skills
- proficient in CAD (we use Vectorworks) and Adobe Suite,
- attention to detail is essential – in design, but also writing and presentation of work
- full UK/ EU Driving license
If you are interested in applying for this position, please include the following using the ‘apply’ link below:
- an attached letter outlining your experience, ambitions, availability, and salary expectations
- a CV
- a PDF portfolio (maximum 10MB) showcasing your work, including images and text
Please don’t send links for online portfolios.
Please no recruitment agencies.