Studio BOUM is seeking a junior/middle weight designer to join its team in London.
Studio BOUM is an experience studio connecting people through immersive storytelling, powered by the language of contemporary design.
Our projects include designing and executing fashion shows, presentations, one-off special events, pop-ups and immersive retail projects across the globe.
BOUM are seeking a designer to work within a small team on all creative schemes.
The role of the designer is to support the creative director and lead fashion show and event design projects. Devising concepts, drawing CAD floorplans and 3D visuals, set and object design, location scouting and surveying, prop and material sourcing, graphics and presentation design and presenting.
Whilst the work is in the creative sphere, the ideal applicant would be confident technically.
The ideal applicant will already have an understanding of and experience in designing and creating fashion shows and special event design.
- can manage an event design project from start to finish with meticulous detail
- has extensive and current knowledge of fashion brands, previous shows and designers
- has a technical and logistical understanding of how special events work
- can share knowledge of designing and creating special events and spaces with the broader design team, helping to elevate each project
- can confidently and independently work in Rhinoceros in addition to other CAD programs
- can visualise in 3D
- from the Creative Suite is confident working in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- can work in Keynote and Microsoft Office
- can put together clear, well formatted concepts and presentations
- can confidently present, pitch and convey ideas to clients as well as team members
- can be a professional and friendly contact for clients
- has Meticulous detail and organisation in daily life
- has great problem-solving skills
- has an ability to anticipate and pre-empt a project’s needs and requirements
Experience and interests:
- previous experience working in an events or design firm/agency is required
- an architectural, interior or industrial design degree would be beneficial to provide you with the necessary skill set
- interest in fashion, architecture, set design and interiors is key to understand references and develop meaningful relationships with new and existing client base
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ link below.