Studio Egret West is looking for an experienced graphic designer to join its London studio.
We are looking for the right person to build on our in-house graphic design portfolio, to bring energy and innovation into all areas where graphic design informs the studio’s output.
Studio Egret West is an award-winning multidisciplinary practice of over 60 architects, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, model makers and filmmakers. We design and curate places with compelling narratives and identities; places that are firmly rooted in their context and grow naturally out of it. Our growing portfolio of UK and international projects leads us to seek a talented Graphic Designer to work on a range of exciting projects.
The role will include the design and production of the studio’s graphic output from booklets to planning documents. You will also be working alongside our designers to develop a range of diverse outputs including web content for marketing and thought leadership, project brand identity, wayfinding signage and artwork for live construction projects, short films and animations representing the studio or completed projects. The successful candidate will be encouraged to apply their creative input and direction on all these elements, bringing their individual style to the studio.
Roles and responsibilities:
- work alongside urban designers to assist in shaping the brand identity for our place making initiatives
- work alongside architects to design the graphic identity of both the exterior and interior of buildings
- work alongside landscape architects to design wayfinding, signage and playful elements within the public realm
- create and manage presentations, reports, bid documents, and brochures
- prepare and maintain studio templates to create clear, concise and functional documents with strong graphic identities for each project
- work with the directors and business development manager to prepare graphic content for social media and the studio’s website
- be the brand guardian
- manage and maintain all relevant graphics/images, templates, file structure and project folders
- prepare artwork for print and liaise with printers to secure the best results
- identify printers and suppliers and evaluate their production facilities, service and product
- able to analyse design briefs and understand what is required to create visually striking and memorable responses
- able to multitask, manage expectations, and effectively meet deadlines
- confident under pressure and able to respond to and prioritise demands
- good with interpersonal communication and organisational skills – as an individual and as a team member
- take initiative in response to the direction or instruction
- develop a strong sense of ownership and background knowledge of your projects and tasks
- actively seek formal and informal input from colleagues to support your work and contribute to the wider design team
- exhibit all around awareness and report relevant matters to supervising colleagues before they become critical issues
- aAbility to produce time estimates for projects
- at least two years’ experience delivering graphic design projects, working either in-house or for an agency
- expert knowledge of the main Adobe Creative Cloud programs; InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- a degree in graphic design, visual communication or equivalent
Good to have:
- knowledge of the architectural profession
- knowledge of motion graphics software and video editing
- knowledge of CAD/BIM and rendering software
Studio Egret West offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment as well as a host of benefits including yoga classes, drawing classes, and studio trips.
Studio Egret West is an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit your CV with examples of your work – no more than ten pages, together with your salary expectations using the ‘apply’ link below.