Studio Egret West is looking for a bold and joyful mid-weight graphic designer to join its London studio.
We are looking for a talented individual to invigorate our in-house graphic design bringing energy and innovation into our work and identity.
Studio Egret West is an award-winning multidisciplinary practice of over 80 architects, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, model makers and filmmakers. We design and curate places with compelling narratives and identities; places that are firmly rooted in their context and grow naturally out of it. Our growing portfolio of UK and international projects leads us to seek a talented graphic designer to work on a range of exciting projects.
The role will include the design and production of the studio’s graphic output from being part of the brief to creating booklets, producing planning documents and helping curate exhibitions. You will also be working alongside our graphic designer to develop a range of diverse outputs including web content for marketing and thought leadership, project brand identity, wayfinding signage and artwork for live construction projects, short films and animations representing the studio or completed projects.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to engage and share ideas with our teams, right from the brief of the project, to apply their creative input and direction on all these elements, bringing their individual style to the studio.
Roles and responsibilities:
- create and manage exhibitions, presentations, reports, bid documents and brochures (digital and print)
- prepare and maintain studio templates to create clear, concise and functional documents with strong graphic identities for each project
- work with the directors and business development manager to prepare graphic content for social media and the studio’s website
- manage and maintain all relevant graphics/images, templates, file structure and project folders
- prepare artwork for print and liaise with printers to secure the best results
- identify printers and suppliers and evaluate their production facilities, service and product
- able to create visually striking and memorable presentations and collateral
- able to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines
- good with interpersonal communication and organisational skills
- take initiative in response to the direction or instruction
- take ownership of your tasks and, overtime, build knowledge of our projects
- actively seek input from colleagues to support your work
- ability to produce time estimates for projects
- knowledge of the main Adobe Creative Cloud programmes, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- a degree in graphic design, visual communication or equivalent
- knowledge of motion graphics software and video editing
- knowledge of CAD/BIM and rendering software
Studio Egret West is a very sociable place to work and we offer a host of benefits including hybrid work-from-home, a Christmas closure period in addition to a holiday package, weekly yoga classes, social sporting events, regional and international studio trips, an enhanced pension scheme and much more in an extensive list of benefits.
We have recently become an EOT, and operate a very inclusive culture, putting people at the centre of decision-making. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please send us your CV with examples of your work and salary expectations via the apply for job button below.