at Studio Egret West
Studio Egret West is looking for a qualified urban designer to join its practice in London.
Studio Egret West is an award winning, highly creative, architecture, urban design and landscape practice located in Clerkenwell, London.
We are seeking an experienced, lateral thinking, problem solving and dynamic urban designer with the skills to take projects into planning and beyond in the UK and overseas.
Your workload will range from evolving large-scale framework plans to more detailed masterplans of varying densities and characters, focused on mixed use urban placemaking. We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills and a confident approach, you will work in mixed teams of urban designers, architects and landscape architects and large external design teams.
Proficiency in Revit is desirable but not necessary as training can be provided. Experience in Microstation and Rhino would be beneficial. An architecture or urban design qualification is a must. A great imagination and graphic skills are a prerequisite!
We offer a collaborative working environment, with the opportunity to develop your own knowledge and that of other disciplines within the studio. As a company, we actively support your professional development.
- excellent communication and coordination skills
- strong leadership experience
- sketch/develop designs on paper or digitally
- proven ability of working directly with clients and other consultants
- ability to work effectively in large project teams
- good working knowledge of Adobe Suite skills
- experience in running large-scale mixed-use projects
- high density housing experience (preferably pre-planning stage)
- relevant permit for working in the UK
- UK experience is a must, London experience is preferable
Studio Egret West is an employee owned trust, which offers all members of the studio the opportunity to engage in the studio direction outside of their roles. The studio is a very sociable and inclusive place to work. Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is a fundamental part of our Charter. All candidate are treated fairly regardless of their background, age, race, sex or disability.
The role will come with a tax-free bonus scheme in line with the employee ownership regulation.
The studio offers several benefits such as weekly yoga classes, social sporting events, regional and international studio trips, free breakfasts, enhanced parental leave and a variety of hybrid working benefit schemes.