Studio Link-Arc is looking for a project manager to joins its practice in New York, USA.
Based in New York City, Studio Link-Arc, is an international team of architects and designers. Our name, Link-Arc, refers to our collaborative nature and our mission, which is to work across disciplines to create strategy and design in the fields of; urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape. We accomplish this by linking knowledge, resources, and intelligence, from multiple perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Studio Link-Arc designed the China Pavilion for Expo Milano 2015, which opened in May 2015 to international acclaim. In addition, our office recently completed a 500,000 square-foot educational project in Shenzhen and a 90,000 square foot archive library located on a private university campus. The office has been published extensively and has received many awards from prestigious organizations including; Architectural Record, the German Design Council, the World Architecture Festival, Blueprint Magazine, and the Bureau International des Expositions.
We are currently working on; a private gallery, an extension and renovation of a high-end flagship store in Manhattan, a 1,800,000 square foot cultural center with an opera house, museum, and library, a 470,000 square foot school, and other institutional projects.
We are looking for a talented project manager to join our staff.
Ideal candidates will have the following
Experience and qualifications:
- a professional degree in architecture from an accredited institution
- authorization to work in the United States
- five-ten years of substantial work experience in leading architecture offices
- practical experience on cultural and educational projects
- applicants with experience at avant-garde design studios will receive favorable review
- experience working in Asia/China is a plus
Technical skills and knowledge:
- ideal candidates can manage the production of a high-quality design development set and lead a team with minimal oversight
- high-skill-level and experience in conceptual design and instigation of projects including high-quality design research, sketching, illustration and rendering abilities
- extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and construction standards
- familiarity with building systems and the ability to coordinate with consultants from multiple disciplines
- expertise in AutoCAD and Revit, and the and the ability to oversee the production of complex drawing sets
- knowledge of software packages including Rhino, Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. Knowledge of BIM is a plus
Design sensibility, interpersonal and management skills:
- exceptional design skills and contemporary design sensibilities
- reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- good communication ability, excellent critical thinking skills
- self-directed, with a high level of initiative, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- highly-resourceful problem-solver and quick learner
- strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (max. 10MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
Cover letters should be addressed to: Yichen Lu, Principal, Studio Link-Arc, LLC.
Hard copy cover letters and portfolios can be mailed to:
Studio Link-Arc, LLC
115 West 30th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
Visit our website for more information. This position is available immediately. No phone calls please. Hardcopy work samples will not be returned.