Studio Lodha is seeking mid-weight interior/FF&E designers to join its fast-growing luxury interior design team in London.
We are looking for exceptional designers to work with our directors and design team, to lead multiple and varied ID and FF&E projects. This is a project role which focuses on supporting the day-to-day delivery of our interior projects.
Who we are
Lodha UK is a luxury residential developer with three major developments in London, Grosvenor Square, Lincoln Square and Holland Park Gate with plans for continued growth.
Studio Lodha is an interior design practice that was established as a result of extensive demand from the Lodha UK residents, who desired expert design knowledge from a team they could trust. Studio Lodha has since expanded its services to cater to private clients worldwide, establishing itself as an independent business and design studio.
We’re looking for talented and detail-orientated mid-weight interior/FF&E designers who thrive within a team and face every challenge with enthusiasm and dedication to bring a project from concept to completion.
You will work closely with the creative director and other team members to produce creative design solutions. You will support on project specific FF&E selection, specification and procurement. You will engage directly with suppliers and have a passion for design, furniture and products keeping the studio up to date with the latest trends.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate, through every aspect of who they are, their passion, love and understanding of design, art and luxury and bring original ideas and energy to the studio.
This position encompasses a diverse range of responsibilities, requiring the job holder to confidently engage in exploring and collaborating on creative ideas. They will actively contribute to internal team meetings and creative evaluations, aid in research, selection, and compilation of suitable and purposeful finishes. Additionally, the role involves supporting the creation and presentation of project design proposals, specifying precise project needs such as furniture, sketches, layouts, elevations, and comprehensive drawing packages and specifications.
Within the studio, we utilise multiple tools and programmes so knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp along with InDesign and Photoshop is a must.
- a degree or equivalent in interior design/interior architecture
- minimum four years post-graduate experience in the luxury residential or hospitality sector
- full proficiency using AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Suite; EstiPC is a plus but not essential
- a strong background in interior design/interior architecture is a bonus, a high standard of technical ability and broad knowledge of materiality
- a passion for FF&E with vast knowledge of suppliers, product and specialist finishes; experience in procurement would be a plus but not essential
- experience working on all project stages from concept to completion, and successful delivery of projects ie program, deadline and budget
- an understanding of project programs and deadlines
- financial understanding of project costs and budget awareness
- an exceptional eye for scale and balance, detail and colour
- impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written; must be fluent in spoken and written English
What we are looking for:
- ideal candidates will demonstrate strong knowledge of both interior design and FF&E
- someone who will work alongside the directors and other senior designer to support on multiple and varied ID and FF&E projects, with the assistance of more junior members of the team
- a confident, loyal, trustworthy, dynamic and warm person who can hold their own with clients, project consultant teams, suppliers, contractors and fabricators
- someone unafraid to take control and responsibility, ensuring Studio Lodha deliver a seamless service to our clients
- someone who is able to communicate ideas effectively in internal discussions and presentations using a range of tools ie hand sketches, verbal and references etc
- good project leadership skills, including the ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- someone with a proactive nature, great instincts and open to feedback
- someone with a can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset
- someone with great organisation and time management skills
Day to day responsibilities:
- provide support to the senior team to ensure that project concept is delivered in time and on budget
- produce drawings to the highest standard for all stages of the project
- support across the administrative aspects of a project eg. filing, source suppliers, manage incoming and outgoing drawings, catalogue presentation boards, etc
- managing incoming and outgoing drawings by printing, collating and filing them immediately
- proactively participate in internal team meetings and creative reviews
- explore and discuss creative concepts at appropriate stages in the project
- understand design decisions and the impact these have on deliverables
- assist in researching, selecting and collating appropriate and fit-for-purpose finishes, furniture and joinery to support the design
- coordinate and oversee the project’s documentation, ensuring comments and revisions are always up to date
- manage and check information produced by consultants, sub-contractors and suppliers
- attend internal review meetings and assist with any issues as they arise
- apply strategic thinking to projects
- forecast, identify and communicate risks and brings ideas and solutions to the table
- communicate if work is at risk of not meeting a deadline and offers solutions to the team lead
- assist in the development and preparation of scheme designs and design presentations
- attend final site visits with senior designer(s) and assist with any FF&E or styling requirements
- detail specific project requirements eg. furniture sketching, electrical drawings, models etc
- producing detailed project timelines with internal milestones and providing regular updates and progress reports
- ensure timesheets are completed weekly and able to manage own time and workload to meet deadlines
- close projects efficiently and support the project team on rectifying snags and wrapping up projects as quickly as possible
- streamlining processes to increase quality and efficiency
- the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious interiors in the world with a friendly, creative team of individuals who are passionate about doing their best work
- generous holiday allowance which increases with service
- private health care – extensive cover with dental and optical cash back
- life assurance
- pension – salary sacrifice
- cycle to work – buy and rent
- nursery/childcare scheme
- employee assistance programme
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, portfolio and cover letter detailing their relevant experience and why they are a great fit for this position. Please send your application via the apply for job button below with the subject line ‘Interior Designer/FF&E application – (your name)’.
Only candidates with relevant experience in the luxury sector will be considered.