Studio Make Believe is looking for a project and manufacturing manager to join its London-based practice.
Studio Make Believe is an independently-owned product design business, producing objects that solve problems for consumers and brands for the past twenty years. We are looking for a project and production manager with a proven track record in bringing a variety of consumer products to market.
Based in Somerset House, overlooking the Thames in London, you will be working on objects for drinks brands, consumer products and occasionally ad-hoc innovation projects.
The role is to support the directors by taking their concepts and ideas and delivering a physical production object while managing the entire development process along the way.
Your key focus is to own and finish each project. The applicant needs to show evidence of their experience, from receiving initial concept sketches, through each stage of the process to a finished production object.
- experience in project, team and supply chain management in a similar physical product design environment
- intent/experience of developing relationships with suppliers
- evidence in working with a variety of materials and production processes
- costing analysis and price negotiation
- manufacturing problem identification
- design engineering problem solving
- grow and manage a freelance database of CAD operators, product designers and engineers
- building/contributing to client facing presentations
- project client management
- IT literacy relevant to the role
Nice to have:
- CAD SolidWorks, Fusion 360
- brand literate
- engineering qualifications or experience
About the role
This is a self-managing role available to start immediately. Possibility for flexible working or four day week, but this is ideally a full-time role based in Somerset House, London.
We’re looking for a dependable, level headed and consistent character who enjoys making things run smoothly and predictably. You should be process driven and systematic in their approach to problem-solving.
You are not someone who hides behind a computer screen but enjoys building relationships directly either in person or over the phone. A proven background in design, engineering or manufacturing will be key to a successful application.
Please send your CV and relevant supporting material to Anthony, using the ‘apply’ link below, to assess whether you will be taken forward into the interview process.
No recruitment agencies please.