London, United Kingdom
Dzek seeks a full-time studio manager to join its London-based operation. The ideal candidate will have previous office and administrative experience, demonstrate a proactive attitude and enjoy working in a multi-faceted design studio. The candidate should be naturally hands-on, flexible and reliable with the ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload. Time management and organisational skills are a must.
- general administration – monitoring stationery supplies, filing, basic bookkeeping, quotations, invoicing, manage internal systems and their relevant evolutions
- sales and logistics support – initial point of contact for enquiries with follow through from order through production, shipment and delivery
- providing exemplary, flexible customer service
- PA support to director – scheduling and managing diary, booking travel, communication.
- basic troubleshooting of technical problems, liaising with technology vendors and external tech support as needed.
- file and archive accurate records
- liaise with bookkeeper and accountant
- responding, logging and archiving all press requests including management of product loans and magazine feature requests
- contact database management, organising mail outs for events and invitations.
- website maintenance, general updates, working in WordPress
- reception duties – including answering incoming calls and scheduling appointments
- develop a fluency in the Dzek design philosophy and product lines
- general office management experience
- excellent spoken and written English
- polite, articulate, reassuring telephone manner
- ability to work independently and reliably, with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and customer-relation skills.
- detail oriented
- proficiency in Max OS, Microsoft Office, Xero, Wordpress, Adobe CS, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
- previous experience working in a similar role
- valid UK/EEA work permit
- italian language skills are a plus but not required
- interest in design and architecture a plus
Dzek creates original architectural materials and products in collaboration with designers. Our work combines a craft sensibility with optimism about the potential of industrial manufacturing. The process starts with an idea from a designer’s studio. Inspired by the Bauhaus school’s integration of art, craft, and technology, Dzek works closely with the designer to undertake research and prototyping, and then turn their raw idea into a manufactured reality.
Dzek believes that great architecture is made from elements that tell a story about their time and place. Our holistic approach to materials making respects the achievements of the past while advancing future possibilities. We aim to create products with artistic significance, that allow architects and interior designers to forge meaningful new relationships between people and the spaces they occupy.
Application deadline: 17 May 2017
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
No calls, applications by email only.