Studio MB is looking for a senior exhibition designer to join its team in Edinburgh, UK.
Become not just a great interpretive designer – but an astonishing storyteller.
We are looking for an ambitious senior exhibition designer with vivid imagination and creative flair – a designer who wants to create inspiring, involving and informing environments for galleries and exhibitions within museums, brand homes, science centres and heritage attractions.
From tender submission to on-site completion, we want you to be fully engaged in each stage of the design and delivery process – taking ownership of your ideas and looking after them all the way through from concept creation to project conclusion.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- working both individually and collaboratively with the Studio team to design 3D and exhibition components
- co-ordinating with wider project contributors, for example architects, AV hardware, multimedia and lighting
- producing accurate and comprehensive CAD drawings, compiling project samples, managing schedules and specifying products, materials and finishes
- attending site meetings and client presentations, plus writing and typing up minutes as required
- other duties as may reasonably be required and requested
- educated to degree standard in exhibition design, product design, interior design, interior architecture, architecture or related subject
- at least five years’ relevant design experience in museums, brand homes and/or heritage destinations
- ability to develop innovative ideas and communicate designs effectively through traditional sketching
- have a good working knowledge of Vectorworks (or equivalent); SketchUp Pro (or equivalent); Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Teams. Apple Mac experience is desirable
- ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise your work when busy to meet various deadlines
- have a rigorous attention to detail and accuracy, self-checking for errors and inconsistencies
- able and willing to work flexibly in support of the company and be comfortable with travel and routinely shifting priorities
- some knowledge of relevant working practices, guidelines and regulations (including CDM 2015), industry technologies, sustainability, finishes and materials would be useful
- be up to date with trends, be constantly inquisitive and continually proactive
- full clean driving licence would be beneficial
- Studio MB is located in Edinburgh. Your presence working in the studio is essential
For the full job description, person specification and details about how to apply, please click here.
How to apply
You are invited to send us:
- your CV
- your portfolio (PDF or online link) with samples of both your technical drawings and creative work
- a covering letter explaining how you meet the job/person spec and why you would be a great fit for the role and Studio MB. Your letter should include your present notice period and salary.
Please send your application via the apply for job button below for the attention of Beth Harvey (studio manager), stating your name and the position you are applying for. Applications directed to any other email address will not be considered. Applications must reach us by the closing date. Please note that due to the volume of response only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback.
Studio MB is an equal opportunities employer. All candidates must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date is Monday 19 December 2022 at 5.00pm
If you have any questions or you require any further information, please contact us on 0131 555 9355 or email us.