Studio Muir is seeking a talented intermediate architectural designer to join its studio in San Francisco, USA.
Studio Muir is looking for someone with four+ years of residential design experience in addition to an architecture or interior architecture degree. Here at Studio Muir, we are passionate about design and architecture and hope to find a candidate who shares these traits. The architectural designer will work under the principal and senior architect or designer on all aspects of our residential projects from high level conception through permitting, detailing, and construction administration. We are a small practice and everyone participates in all aspects of a project and design. We encourage critical thinking, professionalism, and a sense of humor in all daily activities. A love for architecture and design is an absolute must.
Key responsibilities may include the following:
- visual communication of design concepts though drawing, imagery, graphics, technical drawings, and other appropriate media to clients
- professional and clear communications in all interactions, including those with clients and local city officials, and consultants
- research and document existing property conditions, historical relevance, and permit history and clearly communicate findings
- conceptualize and communicate high level design ideas to clients and team
- generate all levels of architectural drawings from concept plans to construction documents
- select materials and finishes and ensure they are highly detailed and integrated into the design
- ensure that construction documentation adheres to all relevant building code
- coordinate with third party consultants and integrate all relevant information in drawing sets
- oversee the implementation of design solutions for each project from concept through punch-list
- degree in architecture or interior design with architectural experience
- minimum of four years’ experience in residential architecture
- dedication and passion for architecture and design
- high level of graphic presentation skills
- technical drawing ability though schematic design through construction documentation
- high proficiency in CAD and Adobe presentation programs, hand drawing skills are also a plus
- knowledge of spreadsheets using Excel to organize schedules and budgets
- must live in the Bay Area or already planning a move to the area
- ability to think critically, work independently, and communicate clearly
Please submit resumes, letters of interest, and samples of work using the ‘apply’ link below. Please no phone calls or recruiters. Thank you for your interest in Studio Muir.