Studio Olafur Eliasson is hiring a geometries specialist to join its team in Berlin, Germany.
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Deadline to apply: Friday 19 August 2022
As geometries specialist, you will work in the small and dynamic team for advanced geometries at Studio Olafur Eliasson. This team operates within the design department, collaborating with the architects to translate the different projects into built reality. Our projects range from artworks to site-specific commissions, architectural projects and installations. We are looking for someone who is interested in experimental research as well as transforming this research into real projects by means of digital fabrication processes. We seek a highly motivated team player who is able to work independently and precisely. You have a strong passion for geometries and mathematics, and are able to utilise the modeling and programming tools in research and digital fabrication.
- interest in geometry, mathematics and physics
- ability to think analytically and conceptionally
- excellent design skills and sensitivity for aesthetics
- curiosity and enthusiasm
- ability to work independently, precisely and elaborately
- ability to transform research into reality
- experience in digital fabrication (3D printer and CNC)
- experience in model building
- strong proficiency in Rhino 3D and Grasshopper
- additional knowledge of programming languages is beneficial
- a degree in industrial design, product design, architecture or related field
- this position requires good English skills, German skills are a plus.
About the studio
The studio team consists of specialised technicians, architects, artists, art historians, cooks and administrators. We work with Eliasson to experiment, develop, and install artworks, projects, and exhibitions as well as to communicate and contextualise his work. We’re a fast-paced team that understands the importance of slow, in-depth work. We hire highly skilled team players, and we value creative thinkers and doers with a passion for art.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply. Studio Olafur Eliasson is committed to an inclusive employment policy in all areas of the studio, with an explicit focus on increasing the ethnic, socioeconomic and gender diversity of the studio.
Applicants from non-EU/Schengen countries applying for a job position are required to obtain the necessary residency permits and work visas in Germany; we can offer assistance in this process.
Applicants should submit until Friday 19 August 2022, a cover letter including software skills, the earliest possible entry date and salary expectation, a CV and a portfolio of previous design works preferably as PDF (max. 15MB) via the apply for job button below.