Studio QD is seeking a senior designer to join its office in London.
Studio QD was formed in 2014 by two senior designers with over 20 years’ experience working with the acclaimed interior designer, Nicky Haslam. This collaboration continues at Studio QD, with residential projects both with and separate from Nicky Haslam. Recently, the firm has been engaged in hospitality work as well.
SQD is currently hiring for a freelance senior designer position, for five days a week. Senior interior designers work in all phases of a project from planning/concept through to construction administration.
Comprehensive knowledge in drawing preparations, product resource organisation and knowledge of CAD documentation are key components of the senior designer’s role. This position has responsibility for rendered plans, section elevations and detailing and translating concept design into joinery and FF&E development and production.
Senior designers are called upon to complete technical and product research for all elements of fitted joinery, lighting and FF&E. This role requires the ability for creativity, foresight and maturity in design judgment when anticipating and solving design elements. The senior designer serves as a primary contact with consultants and suppliers.
- comprehensive experience and ability in the use of AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- comprehensive experience and ability in interior design
- comprehensive proficiency and understanding of FF&E production, management and quality control
- proficiency with metric measuring and drawing
- proficiency and understanding of the creative process and construction of interior details, including millwork and casework
- to have customer service skills being comfortable to interface with consultants, vendors, internal staff and clients
- the ability to coordinate, delegate and give feedback to subordinates regarding their work
- the ability to translate design concepts through production to installation
Position has project responsibility for the following:
- interior-space planning
- furnishing layouts
- rendered plans and elevations
- furnishings, colour and material presentation assembly
- product resource and research for specifications
- cost estimating
- coordinating project teamwork with related consultants
- furniture, fixtures and accessories specifications
- shop drawing review
- construction administration for interior detailing
- construction administration for FF&E
- purchase order review. Purchasing through SQD is with Esti-pc
Employed position but based on each individual project, five days a week, £30,000 – £35,000, depending on level of experience. Position now open.