Studio Seilern Architects is looking for an admin/material library assistant to join its team in London.
We are seeking an experienced administrator to join our fast-expanding studio. This is a key role which offers an opportunity to grow with us and to take ownership of the day-to-day management of our material library and assist in overflow office administration duties. A highly organised self-starter, you will preferably have experience of working in a similar role within a small organisation and ideally you will have had some exposure to an architectural or interior design office.
This is a full-time role, working 40 hours a week. Work hours will be from Monday to Friday 9 am to 6 pm.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
Your responsibilities will include
Material library assistant:
- updating and organising the MRC and interiors library
- keeping samples tidy and ensuring that they are in their correct location
- assist with the updating of the existing samples in the library/liaising with suppliers
- assist in the organising for presentations, design reviews, CPDs, etc
- providing instruction on how to use the MRC and interiors library to staff
- assist in collation of data on materials/products/companies when requested
- assist in project research for ongoing and new projects when necessary
- hosting meetings with relevant suppliers with the purpose of updating the library with new collections
- attending events on behalf of SSA to network with the purpose of finding new collaboration partners
- provide holiday cover for practice and HR manager
- assist in manning front of house, answering calls and receiving/distributing parcels and post
- assist in the monitoring of general emails and distributing them to the relevant people for actioning
- assisting with general ad-hoc office admin as required
- ensuring paper in copiers is topped up and alerting practice and HR manager to any impending shortages in time to order replacement
- problem solving for staff when practice and HR manager is out of office
- making sure that the alarm system is operating sufficiently
- managing office budget and expenditure to review with finance manager on a monthly basis
- organising the office and filing project paperwork as well as keeping record of the book library
- you will be educated to at least A-level standard with a strong written English and numeracy skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a creative field desirable
- at least one years’ experience of a wide-ranging administration role
- experience in an architectural or design showroom environment would be ideal
Skills and competencies:
- experienced user of MS Office
- strong written skills – grammatically correct with a tone appropriate to the audience and situation
- strong verbal communication skills
- highly organised
- strong initiative, self-starter
- able to manage multiple priorities concurrently
How to apply
Please submit your CV with a cover letter stating availability via the apply for job button.
No agencies or third-party applications please.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Studio Seilern Architects is an equal opportunities employer.