Studio Sutton is hiring an architect or interior architect to join its growing team in London.
Studio Sutton is seeking an architect or interior architect with a minimum of four years’ of UK experience and Vectorworks proficiency.
Studio Sutton is looking for a talented and highly motivated architect or interior architect to join its team in London. The studio has a series of exciting projects within the commercial co-working, residential, hospitality and community sectors in the UK and internationally. We are a design-led studio who have expertise in creatively re-imagining existing buildings, taking a human-centred approach to help them become environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
Studio Sutton provides excellent mentoring and professional development opportunities through good exposure to all aspects of the operation of a friendly and ambitious architectural and interior design studio.
We are looking for a candidate that will be responsible for managing the design and delivery of their own projects and collaborating with the broader team on our larger-scale projects.
- interior based master’s degree or a part 2/3 architecture qualification
- a minimum of four years’ UK based work experience
- demonstrable experience relating to the role described above on high-quality, realised projects
- experience in all stages of design projects, from concept to tender to construction and handover
- excellent skills in Vectorworks 2D. Vectorworks 3D is a bonus
- excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite Applications. (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- skills in other software such as Adobe After Effects and Twin Motion is a bonus
- ability to work in an Apple Mac environment
- UK resident status and legally able to work in the UK, residing in London
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- self-motivated with excellent intuition, initiative and ability to work independently, whether remotely or in the office
- excellent time management and organisational skills and commitment to meeting strict client deadlines
In addition, candidates should be able to:
- develop design concepts through various media, including sketching, computer 3D modelling, 2D CAD drawing, material mood boards, and concept presentations
- actively engage in researching current trends in global design culture, workspace design, architecture, art, furniture, materials and sustainability
- communicate confidently and effectively with senior designers, directors and other project stakeholders, including the client, identifying potential risks and opportunities for projects, proactively offering solutions to problems should they arise
- contribute to administrative processes of the studio
- contribute to the social culture of the studio
Studio Sutton is an equal opportunities employer. Salary dependent on experience.
Unfortunately, we cannot reply individually, so you will only hear from us if your application is successful.
CV and portfolio
Please apply with a CV and portfolio showcasing relevant experience and a covering letter explaining your motivation for applying to Studio Sutton via the apply for job button below (max file size 10MB).
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom